PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up on STM Rebel 17 tumbler base

Walter Laich
09-09-2016, 08:40 PM
short history: the base has two axles, one that is completed covered with black tubing and one that is the drive axle what has tubing at each end.

I was getting shredding on my tubing and upon closer examination found that both short pieces were being hollowed out by the snap clips. Guess the drum pushed the tubing to one side or other and since snap clip doesn't rotate (well if at all) the tubing could catch and be ground away.

Ordered repair parts and "My, my, my Sgt Carter," the new parts include two washers to keep this from happening.

Not unhappy--just one of those things that develop once a product has been on market for awhile. Back in business in less than 5 days and works as it did when I first took it out of its carton.

VHoward
09-09-2016, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I have a complete Rebel 17 tumbler and a Rebel 17 base that I use with my original Thumblers tumbler model B drum and motor. Both are working awesomely. Really appreciate the upgraded belt.

Bayou52
09-10-2016, 04:14 PM
Nice to know. I'm using a Thulmers model B tumbler, and it works great. I always liked the idea of ball bearings on the axles rather than bushings, though.

Bayou52

mold maker
09-10-2016, 07:32 PM
Sorry Walter
After literally hundreds of loads of brass, mine still looks and functions like new. Somehow you got the one that was specially made for me. I'm destined to always get the dud if one exists.

VHoward
09-10-2016, 07:44 PM
LOL. Me too.

Walter Laich
09-11-2016, 12:25 PM
Glad I seem to be the 'odd man out' here. It's a great set-up and enjoy using it.

I just got through running 900 45 Colt cases through for our club raffle. Does a right good job.

I did go to SS 'chips' vs the pins and seems to cut time down by half, primer pockets are very clean, too. they're pretty cheap too (I have no affiliation with them other than as a paying customer) 5 lb shipped is $23.50, 10 lb shipped is $38.50 have to FB message or call him to order

His link which is on FB: https://www.facebook.com/southernshinetumblers/

VHoward
09-11-2016, 02:02 PM
www.facebook.com/southernshinetumblers
Looks like he's out of it for a while. His baby had to go through surgery. I will check back later. No activity from him on that page since July.