PDA

View Full Version : Matthew

Boaz
09-09-2016, 09:26 AM
Matthew 25;31-46 ;

31 [/SUP]When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Pine Baron
09-09-2016, 10:12 AM
Thank you Boaz, Also from Matthew a proper caution.
Matthew 7:1-5
Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Boaz
09-09-2016, 10:18 AM
I will return the thanks ....Good verse ! Thank you brother .

Blackwater
09-09-2016, 10:32 AM
Great posts, guys. I'm always disturbed when I see a professing Christian look down on some wayfarer. I know they usually do it because they're simply scared of them for their own safety's sake, but there were no conditions put on these verses, and in my experience, any sort of help for one who's down and out, usually produces pretty surprising reactions on their part. I've long picked up hitchhikers, for instance, and keep my pistol where I can get to it and they can't, but have been very pleasantly surprised on most occasions. Once, the guy I picked up was hitchhiking his way to a mission. I forget all the details, but we had a really nice conversation on the way as far as I could take him. It's amazing the kind of people you meet simply following the above, but of course, providing for our own safety is paramount in our world today, always. And when you find someone who's really down and out, it's a pretty good opportunity to do some witnessing. Folks who are down and out tend to listen, even if they're not naturally disposed to believe. Poverty has a way of humbling most people. And with the general attitude that seems to prevail in our land today, just stopping to pick someone up is rare enough that this alone kind'a gets their attention. Most don't know quite how to take it at first, and many are as "scared" of me as most are of them! It's a strange world we live in today. But the rules for us believers never change, despite all that, though we do need to be a bit careful now.

nagantguy
09-09-2016, 03:12 PM
great verse, good reminder! my sister and her husband live that to the fullest! if they hear of or see anyone down and out, they will hire them, feed them, drive them , take them to doctors appointments and court dates! my worry is for their saftey but they don't seem worried. We tryou to help anyone out whom needs it in our circle, often anonymously if we can. I've been down and out , hurting and lost, and even when I didn't deserve it people.would help me, it was the kind words and job offers that meant the most, I'm not bragging or boasting but I'm glad I'm the guy people.call when they need a tow, jump, a tree cut down, lost dog, cow, pig, kid in trouble, not so I can be mr. big and help but because they know I will, as said above I know first hand how help, kindness can lift you up.from rock bottom. I don't do this stuff just so my works colum is full, I do it cause everytime I stop and help a broke down motorist on the road, lend a bit of money whatever, I always tell people.the only thanks I want is for them to pass on the kindness! I wish I'd always been the man I am.now.

Preacher Jim
09-09-2016, 04:07 PM
How about 1st John 3: 16-18 to add to your Mathew verses

buckwheatpaul
09-09-2016, 04:40 PM
Went to Bible Study today and had a great study....then come to Our Chapel and have 5 great exchanges....it doesnt get any better than that...thanks men.....you made my day.....Paul

Boaz
09-09-2016, 05:10 PM
How about 1st John 3: 16-18 to add to your Mathew verses

1 John 16-18

16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?
18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

Boaz
09-09-2016, 05:54 PM
Matthew 18; 1-11 18 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.
6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
7 Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!
8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.
9 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.
10 Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.
11 For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

Boaz
09-09-2016, 06:20 PM
Matthew 19;13-15

13 Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them.
14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
15 And he laid his hands on them, and departed thence.

Boaz
09-09-2016, 06:31 PM
great verse, good reminder! my sister and her husband live that to the fullest! if they hear of or see anyone down and out, they will hire them, feed them, drive them , take them to doctors appointments and court dates! my worry is for their saftey but they don't seem worried. We tryou to help anyone out whom needs it in our circle, often anonymously if we can. I've been down and out , hurting and lost, and even when I didn't deserve it people.would help me, it was the kind words and job offers that meant the most, I'm not bragging or boasting but I'm glad I'm the guy people.call when they need a tow, jump, a tree cut down, lost dog, cow, pig, kid in trouble, not so I can be mr. big and help but because they know I will, as said above I know first hand how help, kindness can lift you up.from rock bottom. I don't do this stuff just so my works colum is full, I do it cause everytime I stop and help a broke down motorist on the road, lend a bit of money whatever, I always tell people.the only thanks I want is for them to pass on the kindness! I wish I'd always been the man I am.now.

I understand , we all wish we had been who we are now . Took time and experience . Took hard times and pain to understand . Took learning to look around you and putting it together . Yea , I understand .

Preacher Jim
09-09-2016, 06:43 PM
Great study now if we can just live up to it in a way that pleases the Lord.

Boaz
09-10-2016, 07:39 AM
For what it's worth this is one my favored parables told by our Lord . It addresses the promise of salvation to the long term believer and the newly arrived. Our Lord is steadfast and constant in his offer of salvation . His simple offer of eternal life is made to all through two unbelievably simple and easy requirements . Belief and faith which are one as you can not truly have one without the other .

I'm not preaching , I don't preach . Just felt compelled to share my thoughts . Thank you for reading .

Matthew 20;1-16

20 For the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which went out early in the morning to hire labourers into his vineyard.
2 And when he had agreed with the labourers for a penny a day, he sent them into his vineyard.
3 And he went out about the third hour, and saw others standing idle in the marketplace,
4 And said unto them; Go ye also into the vineyard, and whatsoever is right I will give you. And they went their way.
5 Again he went out about the sixth and ninth hour, and did likewise.
6 And about the eleventh hour he went out, and found others standing idle, and saith unto them, Why stand ye here all the day idle?
7 They say unto him, Because no man hath hired us. He saith unto them, Go ye also into the vineyard; and whatsoever is right, that shall ye receive.
8 So when even was come, the lord of the vineyard saith unto his steward, Call the labourers, and give them their hire, beginning from the last unto the first.
9 And when they came that were hired about the eleventh hour, they received every man a penny.
10 But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny.
11 And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house,
12 Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.
13 But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny?
14 Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.
15 Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?
16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

BNE
09-10-2016, 08:05 AM
I am always humbled by you guys. Thanks for sharing.

USMC87
09-10-2016, 08:29 AM
GODS word always comes up fresh! Thank you Brothers for sharing.

Boaz
09-10-2016, 05:40 PM
Hit and miss study !

Who was Matthew ??

He was not poor , fact is he held a position . So why did he rise from the table and follow Jesus ?

He had a party in Jesus's honor that evening in preparation for leaving with him .

Interesting verse of the gathering according to Matthew .

Matthew 9:9-13King James Version (KJV) 9 And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him.
10 And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.
11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?
12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.