PDA

View Full Version : Triple K Magazines

monadnock#5
06-01-2008, 07:54 PM
I have a High Standard Victor that I bought used in the 80's. It came with one magazine. Cartridges occasionally jump and jam at 12:00 on the chamber mouth. I don't want to make any adjustments to the original mag , for fear of ruining it all together.

So, my question is: is the Triple K aftermarket mags "guaranteed to fit and feed" promise worth a hoot?

crabo
06-01-2008, 08:47 PM
If you pm me with an email address, I can send you a great pdf for adjusting high standard magazines.

Craig

mike in co
06-01-2008, 09:45 PM
i know this doesnt help, but having bought mags from almost everyone...i buy from the manufacture or mecgar...an italian company that makes mags for lots of major manufactures. mils spec ar mags...come from government contractors, not after market like usa......

having just slammed usa, i do shoot thier ar15 40 round mags.....complete rebuild and limited life span. new follower, rework lips, and they work , but since made from poor materials and no apparent ht on the lips.....dont expect them to last forever.

do a search on google for your mags......

mike in co

Harry O
06-02-2008, 04:04 PM
My experience with Triple K has been poor. The first one I bought was for a pre-war Walther PPK. The originals were collectors items (and priced as such) and there were no factory replacements available at the time (the pre-war and post-war magazines are not interchangeable -- there is a full height rib in the post-war version that stops it from being used in a pre-war gun). The magazine worked OK for a short while, but the lips were soft metal and eventually bent outward under load. Then it started misfeeding. I had it replaced and the new one had exactly the same problem. Rebending the lips only worked for a short time.

I got a couple more odd types after that with pretty much the same problem. I don't buy them anymore. I just suck it up and buy originals regardless of the cost.

fishhawk
06-02-2008, 04:18 PM
the problem i had with triple K mags was in the 1911 the floor plates fell off poor welds or none at all and in a colt huntsman wouldn't work at all.

walltube
06-02-2008, 05:00 PM
MecGar: InMyHu.Op., 1st in quality for an after market magazine. and less pricey than factory.

JayinAZ
06-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Triple K quality is hit or miss, but sometimes they are the only player in the game. Like for my Savage Model 1917 .380. One of the ones I bought would not fit in the gun, but the shop I got it from swapped it out no questions asked. Now I have 2 that work, although they only hold 7 rounds instead of 9 like the factory mag I have.

fourarmed
06-03-2008, 01:14 PM
Years ago I bought three Triple K Hi Standard magazines. One of them worked pretty well in my Supermatic Citation, but not as well as the original. I then went to an ML-series Victor (so I could mount a red dot). It would use no magazines except the one it came with and the original from the SC. Now I am using a number-series Victor which functions with nearly anything. If you Google around, you will find lots of information on tuning HS magazines. Your problem with the present one can probably be easily fixed.