PDA

View Full Version : 10lbs Glock recoil spring

Chapo
09-06-2016, 05:58 PM
Hello. I have a gen 4 G34. It is set up for competition. As such, I installed a 10lb recoil spring, but noticed the slide won't fully chamber a round when practicing. Seems like not enough force by itself. It does when the slide is released by hand forcefully. Any ideas on this?

KYCaster
09-07-2016, 11:53 PM
In your earlier thread about high pressure in your loads, you said the optimum load uses a 13 lb. spring...so why are you messing around with a 10 lb. spring.

You didn't say what bullet weight you're using, but the optimum powder charge you cited is substantially higher than ANY load for ANY bullet weight recommended by Hodgdon.

Please do us all a favor and use only minor PF loads when you're on the range with other shooters and save your major PF experiments for your private range time when there's nobody else around to get hurt.

A good place to start with your questions would be the gunsmith who built your Open Division Glock. Just a guess, but he probably knows a heck of a lot more about load work up than you do. Take his advice and until you get your problems worked out, it might be wise to limit your competition to minor PF games like Steel Challenge or GSSF.

Good luck.
Jerry

Chapo
09-08-2016, 07:53 AM
Thanks. I had the 10lbs spring prior to the 13. That's why. Problem has since been solved.