PDA

View Full Version : It's been a log day , a long week and a long year .

Boaz
08-30-2016, 08:10 PM
I'm tired today . Been on my mind at work to read Samuel 1 and 2 to answer rl69's question of Saul's death this evening . Believe my recollection on '1' is sufficient but need to study '2' (my recollection ain't near what it use to be) . DANG ! He wants me to work ...book , chapter and verse ! GOD bless rl69 for his work here . May our Lord bless you all . You have enriched my life and my walk with our savior Jesus Christ . One's that will stand up are getting scarce , I'm pray more will come to add their strength . We may never personally get to shake hands in this part of our life because of the barrier of distance but one day we will all meet at last . I look forward to that day .

Blackwater
08-30-2016, 08:14 PM
Keep the heart up, Boaz. "Count it all a blessing." When we are tested the most, we're growing the most, and deepening the level and power of our faith even moreso than when we've got it easy. God tests us all, but He also gives us the answers. Kind'a like having a cheat sheet back in high school. Is our God a great God or what?

Half Dog
08-30-2016, 09:50 PM
You have touched more than you know. Sometimes I take the message from your post to work with me. And Oh Yea, Your post about favorite hymns had me humming for days. Thanks for being here.

DerekP Houston
08-30-2016, 10:19 PM
Thanks for continuing the posting while I am absent. It has been a long week indeed and it is only Tuesday.

rl69
08-31-2016, 06:22 AM
Tough day yesterday HOT probably should have went to hospital ???? Church tonight meaning after will talk tomorrow love you brother
Ronnie

GhostHawk
08-31-2016, 08:56 AM
Hang in there brother!

Pine Baron
08-31-2016, 09:19 AM
Well, Boaz, don't hold your breath waiting. I don't think He's done with us yet.
Buckle up boys, there's work to be done. Plenty of time for sleep when you're dead.

Preacher Jim
08-31-2016, 10:20 AM
1Peter 4: 17 read that and tell me what you think

Preacher Jim
09-01-2016, 08:39 PM
Nobody read that verse and the ones following. Boaz you must be right nobody reads the Bible and sees what it has to say. Common fellows give us some insight on what this says to you. It is not a pop quiz God speaks through His word.

DerekP Houston
09-01-2016, 08:51 PM
1Peter 4: 17 read that and tell me what you think

Well I've got it pulled up, but I'll reread it in the morning. Thanks for the reminder.

rl69
09-01-2016, 08:56 PM
Sorry Jim I did read I just haven't posted. It's been a long weak.

Those who suffer for Christ will be blessed. Judgment will start with the saved.

rl69
09-01-2016, 09:03 PM
Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

DerekP Houston
09-01-2016, 09:06 PM
My burden is mine to carry I ain't asking for help or anyone to lighten the load. One bears what one must. I don't foresee things getting easier in the future so i might as well get used to it now. I appreciate the sentiment though.

Blackwater
09-01-2016, 09:10 PM
"For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?"

The next verse, I think, clarifies the meaning: "And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where whall the ungodly and the sinner appear?"

Then, he closes with: "Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing as unto a faithful Creator."

Seems to me he's admonishing the faithful to be more diligent, and less willful, and very careful they don't allow themselves to fall into cahoots with those who don't really believe. Sounds like good advice, to me. He also seems to be telling us not to worry when times get hard and difficult for us, for our God will surely see us through until He's ready to harvest us at last. That's more subtle, but that's what I get out of it. There are so many implications in so many, many Bible verses, we could and some do, spend a lifetime trying to seek them all out. I doubt any of us really achieve that, but it's an awfully good and awfully humbling pursuit, and a laudible aspiration, always.

SSGOldfart
09-01-2016, 10:13 PM
My burden is mine to carry I ain't asking for help or anyone to lighten the load. One bears what one must. I don't foresee things getting easier in the future so i might as well get used to it now. I appreciate the sentiment though.
Well I really know what your feelings,just let our father in heaven share your burdens and he will lighten your load..

Boaz
09-02-2016, 10:33 AM
Nobody read that verse and the ones following. Boaz you must be right nobody reads the Bible and sees what it has to say. Common fellows give us some insight on what this says to you. It is not a pop quiz God speaks through His word.

We that are of him will be judged first . We are of him why should we not be first . Sorry I'm late , had a few problems .

Boaz
09-02-2016, 10:49 AM

Wrong thinking .
Jesus Christ wants to help you with your burden , the father loves his children . We are repeatedly told to seek him in time of need/hard times . He doesn't just offer it he expects you to need him and put him in your life .

We here will also help with one anthers trouble by praying for our Lord's intercession out of caring and providing personal support .

Preacher Jim
09-02-2016, 05:55 PM
Derek the word teaches us to share the carrying of one another's excess burdens so I am praying for you that Jesus will shoulder what distance prevents me from doing.

No one of us is alone we are the children of God if Jesus is our savior,, and we are the body of Christ doing his work.

Pine Baron
09-03-2016, 08:00 AM
Amen, Jim, AMEN.

Blackwater
09-03-2016, 12:07 PM
Boaz, one song I don't think you included in your thread on favorite himns, is "No, Never Alone." Might help to find that one and give it a listen. Jim's right. We're never alone. Remember the story of the man walking with Jesus along the beach. He looked back, and most of the way, there were 2 sets of footprints behind them. He turned to Jesus and asked him, "Lord, I see behind us places where there are only one set of footprints. Why did you leave me those times?" The Lord smiled knowingly at him, and simply said, "Those are the places where I was carrying you."

Even when the whole world seems to be against you, you're never alone, and never forsaken. And you have lots of good friends here who love you and are praying for you. God's will is always SO much more knowing and loving than our own could ever be. Just keep your faith up, and let Him do what He wills, and it can only come out good. We just aren't equipped to always understand it all, but with faith, we can bear whatever He allows to be put in our pathway. It's very doubtful any of us will ever be tested as Job was. He kept his faith. How can we do less? "Count it all a blessing," even when we don't understand it, or how it's blessing us. He knows, and that's enough.

SSGOldfart
09-04-2016, 07:43 PM
Well said Sir,;-) Amen