PDA

View Full Version : S&W M&P Shield 45acp

Bonz
08-30-2016, 08:16 AM
For those of you that have purchased one of these pistols, I finally got some good news last night.

Of course, just like the other S&W Shields, the pistol comes with 1 flat based magazine and 1 extended magazine. The flat based magazine doesn't have enough room to get your pinky on it. The extended magazine allows plenty of room to get the pinky on it. When I carry it in my IWB holster, I have been using the flat based magazine to keep the printing down.

I have contacted S&W 3 times now and they keep giving me the same response. "We currently do not have any additional magazines to spare. Our magazine manufacturer is just keeping up with the magazines that are needed for new gun sales. But we hope to begin selling spare magazines in the next 2 - 3 months."

For other pistols, I have converted these flat based magazines to good usable magazines just by installing the custom "finger rest extension" by Pearce Grip. I have been chatting back and forth with them for several weeks now and yesterday, they finally gave me some good news.

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products

Pearce Grip Team <info@pearcegrip.com> (info@pearcegrip.com)

Aug 29 at 5:04 PM

To

Charles Agriesti (cagrie2001@yahoo.com)

Message bodyCharles,
Thank you for the offer, but the design is already completed. We are just waiting on the tooling.
Thank you
Pearce Grip Inc

Tackleberry41
08-30-2016, 12:38 PM
I asked about the new shield not long ago, was told it was a preorder thing. Okay well if one comes in Ill buy it. But magazines is an issue. I wont buy a gun if magazines are 'at some point in the future'. Would think they would have let some extra mags pile up before shipping guns. 2 mags is not enough for anything.

Bonz
09-09-2016, 07:16 PM
Called S&W again and they said still a month or two before we see spare mags for sale. Just noticed a guy on gunbroker selling the 7 round magazine so I bought a couple ;-)

35remington
09-10-2016, 11:01 AM
Midway had 45 Shield magazines now. Only six shot are in stock at this time.