PDA

View Full Version : Forehand & Wadsworth 32 Bulldog

wolfspotter
05-30-2008, 09:38 PM
I was thinking of shooting my grandfathers Forehand & Wadsworth seven shot 32 S&W Bulldog revolver but I'm not sure if it takes the 32 short or long. According to my reloading manuals and my measurements, the long should just fit with little room to spare. Even though they were made in the late 1800's my grandfather shot it without any problems and I would love to try it myself. They still sell ammo that should be safe to shoot using modern powders but tempted to reload using BP or Pyrodex. Should I treat the little revolver as an antique and put it away or have some fun since it's not worth much?

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk302/wolfspotter/Pics/32Bulldog.jpg

NoDakJak
05-31-2008, 01:00 AM
Forehand & Wadsworth was one of the better brands of revolver at the time that they were in production. If it looks as good on the inside as it does on the outside it should shoot as well as a new revolver. If the 32 S&W Long will fit the chamber I would shoot it. In my tests the 32 S&W Llong round only produced an average of about 690 to 705 fps. Pressures are reputed to be less than 8,000 psi. If you feel uneasy about firing it just send it to me and I will fire a few thousand test round through it before you have to sue me to get it back Neil

wolfspotter
05-31-2008, 07:10 AM
Thanks Neil. The bore has a couple minor pits but the chambers are like new. What the heck, might be fun. Have to get some ammo and try it out since I know it's in safe shooting condition. I'll keep you in mind if it requires more testing.:Fire:

Mike