PDA

View Full Version : I have just been *told today is National DOG day. oh my

DCP
08-26-2016, 04:08 PM
We lost Patches today, she is with our Angel now. May they play at the Rainbow Bridge until we meet again. She was a brave little dog. Thank you LORD for the time we had.

Its a sad day. We all must have these days if we allow a Dog into our hearts.

A dog leaves paw prints in our home and in our hearts.

Tonight at 6:30 I will play TAPS on my bugle for Patches this is the time we fed her and gave her insulin for the last 2 years 8 mo and 1 week.

Rest in peace girl...

I have just been told today is National DOG day. oh my

runfiverun
08-26-2016, 08:34 PM
free dog swimming day at the local pool too, which means it's closing for the season.
Haley is too grumpy with the other dogs to get to go anymore, and her hips are going.
i'll be right there with you sharing your grief [again] soon.

enfield
08-26-2016, 08:41 PM
It's been 6 months since Riley's been gone , I'll never stop missing him, as you can see he was pretty tolerant. 175261

DCP
08-27-2016, 07:55 AM
When I went to bed last night there was no reply's to this thread.

I actually prayed, prayed there would be at least 1 reply to this thread. It was a very long night, very long. This morning Sherry (2 now) is looking all over the house for Patches (was almost 12) not easy to watch. not easy to type with tears in your eyes, not easy all.

Its a was sad day. We all must have these days if we allow a Dog into our hearts.

Well you can all see my prayer was answered not with one reply but two. PRAISE BE TO GOD,PRAISE BE TO GOD

jaydub in wi
08-27-2016, 09:47 AM
DCP, I have been where you are. It hurt me badly when I lost my friend Sammy 2.5 years ago. I went looking for a pup immediately . Not to replace him , but to help me get through it. I was too busy with my pup to have time to be sad.

Sent from my SCH-I545L using Tapatalk

jaydub in wi
08-27-2016, 09:49 AM
Forgot to add picshttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160827/8b1d8231077a3557369e94188ae4f2f9.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160827/3416b39e1efca675e15e64a167ea3dcb.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545L using Tapatalk

runfiverun
08-27-2016, 10:34 AM
runpatchesrun.

my avatar name come from losing a dog named Five.
trust me we were close I trained that dog from day one [or she trained me I should say] and we bonded within minutes of meeting.
took her just about everywhere even to work for years and then she just up and died late one rainy afternoon while I was gone to Wyoming.
that was the longest 4 HR. drive of my life that night.

Hamish
08-27-2016, 10:54 AM
I'm getting to where I can't bear to open these kinds of threads. DCP, sorry for your loss. Lots of folks look at these threads but many times don't have the words. We've started talking about looking ourselves, but we seem to always talk ourselves out of it. I wish we had *immediately* found a new furry kid to love.

DCP
08-27-2016, 11:15 AM
I'm getting to where I can't bear to open these kinds of threads. DCP, sorry for your loss. Lots of folks look at these threads but many times don't have the words. We've started talking about looking ourselves, but we seem to always talk ourselves out of it. I wish we had *immediately* found a new furry kid to love.

I was the same way if enough folks replied, I just passed it by.

We lost Angel 1/10/14 almost 14. I knew Patches would come to soon. I am not sure Diabetes took her but it made her to weak to fight anything.

On my left shoulder is a Tattoo of Angel on my Right is a tattoo of Patches they are part of me.

Yes they are truly part of me.

Thank you GOD for the DOG truly a gift from the LORD

DCP
08-27-2016, 11:22 AM
runpatchesrun.

my avatar name come from losing a dog named Five.
trust me we were close I trained that dog from day one [or she trained me I should say] and we bonded within minutes of meeting.
took her just about everywhere even to work for years and then she just up and died late one rainy afternoon while I was gone to Wyoming.
that was the longest 4 HR. drive of my life that night.

Yes runpatchesrun
Thank you, this is all I can type at the moment.

Geezer in NH
08-27-2016, 02:09 PM
I am sorry for your loss. I have lost several best friends but they all visit me at time in a good dream.

My new best friend is now 8 yrs old. I hope to have her around for another.

StuBach
08-27-2016, 05:24 PM
My wife and my sympathies go out to all who have lost fur-kids.

I have lost many over the years the most recent of which was in 2010 when I lost my 14 year old lab Dakota, still brings tears to my eyes at the loss. My parents also recently lost one due to a losing battle with other issues and it rocked though our whole family.

Fur-kids are wonderful companions to our families (dog, cat, or other) and they should never be forgotten. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk