PDA

View Full Version : Prayer needed for a friend

Boaz
08-26-2016, 06:33 AM
A good friend of mine from church is in need of prayer . His name is Max , I think Max is 94 years old now . He is a WW 2 veteran , army ,fought in the pacific islands . Volunteered in 1942 and mustered out in 1946 . Came home, started a plumbing business , raised a good family and lived a quiet life . After Max retired he was active in church , always a quiet man but always had a smile on his face . He went fishing almost every day the weather would allow . He is one of those that gets along with everyone .
He has been living in an assisted live home for 2 years and yesterday the pastor told me he has had a bad stroke and is in the hospital , not expected to last long . Pray for Max and his family if you can . He is one of the good ones . Thank you

w5pv
08-26-2016, 06:51 AM
Knee mail sent for one of many that are my heroes God bless Max

buckwheatpaul
08-26-2016, 07:12 AM
Father, Max is a faithful follower of You. At this most difficult time please walk with Max. Take any pain away and allow the doctors and nurses to comfort and heal him if it is Your will. Father, please come to the aide of Max and help comfort his family and friends as well. I give You all the praise. AMEN

Preacher Jim
08-26-2016, 07:26 AM
Lord a faithful servent needs your grace in this time of illness. Please come to his side and touch him with your healing mercy Lord.. Hold his family in your arms and comfort them as you deal with Max. Lord your perfect will be done for Max in this stage of life.
Amen Lord Jesus

square butte
08-26-2016, 08:00 AM
Amen & Amen - Prayer sent up for one of the good ones - Max

Pine Baron
08-26-2016, 08:14 AM
Amen. to all above.

jcren
08-26-2016, 08:23 AM
Prayers sent

Blackwater
08-26-2016, 10:58 AM
Prayers up for Max. Those old guys from WWII have always been my heroes. They were my first real heroes, and they'll always be so. God bless Max and if it's his time, let his passing through the Great Veil be as peaceful and easy as God can allow, but we pray he'll be left with us yet a while longer. Amen.

Bodydoc447
08-26-2016, 09:37 PM
Prayers sent.

USMC87
08-27-2016, 07:58 AM
Prayers for Max.

Hickok
08-27-2016, 08:02 AM
Prayers sent in the Name of Christ Jesus for Max.

Boaz
08-29-2016, 06:29 AM
Max has been moved to Hospice . Thank you for your prayer , he and his family need it .

Pine Baron
08-29-2016, 09:47 AM
Heavenly Father, please bring comfort and relief for Max. Please bring comfort and peace for his family. In Jesus name. Amen

Blackwater
08-29-2016, 05:15 PM
Lord, if this is Max's time to come and be with You, grant him I pray, the grace and mercy to make his passing as easy and pain free as possible, both for his benefit and the family's. And be with his family, and help them realize what a privilege it's been to know and have him as long as they have, and ease their sense of loss with Thy grace. Amen.

shoot-n-lead
08-29-2016, 05:26 PM
Prayer sent.

Boaz
08-29-2016, 08:10 PM
Went to visit Max at hospice after work , just got to the house . Pray for him and the family . Met his oldest daughter and husband who live in New Mexico just 15 miles west of Muleshoe Tx . Very nice people , his family is taking turns with the watch . Max is unresponsive , has not eaten or drank for 4 days . I feel his victory will be soon . Thank you for prayer .

Preacher Jim
08-30-2016, 07:37 AM
Lord Max is in your hand, ease his suffering and prepare his family for his journey. Lord you promised to come and recieve us unto yourself Max is waiting on you to say come home. Keep him and his family in your grace as he waits for you
In Jesus name
Amen

Blackwater
08-30-2016, 11:13 AM
It's good to see a man's passing a "victory," because that's exactly what it is for a good Christian. God be with Max, and hold his hand.

Boaz
08-30-2016, 12:19 PM
I should have mentioned Max seems at peace , no pain medication has been given . He seems to be at rest . Praise GOD .

Pine Baron
08-30-2016, 03:20 PM
Praise God, indeed.

castalott
08-30-2016, 06:33 PM
Sincere Prayers for Love, Mercy, Faith ,and Redemption. When his time has come, Let the first words he hears be... "Well done my Good and Faithful Servant!" Amen

Boaz
08-30-2016, 06:37 PM
Thank you castalott , truer words were never spoken brother .

Blackwater
08-30-2016, 08:21 PM
I should have mentioned Max seems at peace , no pain medication has been given . He seems to be at rest . Praise GOD .

The power of prayer is no joke, and it's as real as our Savior. Faith is the catalyst needed to activate it.

buckwheatpaul
08-31-2016, 07:07 AM
Father, Please give comfort and peace to Max. It is apparent that Max will soon be with You but the mark Max has left on his family and friends will cause them to grieve when he joins You. Please help his family to dwell on the good things that they shared with Max. Give them the peace as well. AMEN

Boaz
09-07-2016, 05:49 AM
Max has gone home . His victory over this life was accomplished last Friday . To my own sorrow I wasn't physically able to go to the service . Thank you for your prayer . Praise GOD .

Boaz
09-07-2016, 06:41 AM
Obituary would not post . Copied it minus picture.

In Memory of
Max Edward Donley
May 27, 1924 - September 2, 2016

Obituary

Max Edward Donley, 92, of Wichita Falls, died on Friday September 2, 2016.
A memorial service for Mr. Donley will be 3:00 PM, Sunday, September 4, at Anchor Baptist Church with Charles Bartlett officiating. Graveside services with military honors will be at 11:00 AM, Wednesday, September 7, at Crestview Memorial Park.

Mr. Donley was born on May 27, 1924 in Bellevue, Texas to Wade E. and Bertha Lawson Donley. He was a plumber for most of his life and was an Army veteran of World War 2. He married Sammy Laverne Smith on December 22, 1946 in Henrietta, Texas. She preceded him in death. He was honored with along with The Greatest Generation and went on the Honor Flight with other WW2 vets. He loved fishing and golf. He was a member of the River Creek Golf Course for many years and was a member of Anchor Baptist Church.

He was also preceded in death by his son: Richard Donley, his daughter: O'Leta Christopher, and his parents.
Survivors include his daughters: Rebecca Loyd and husband Tommy of Portales, New Mexico and Dee Anna Robertson and husband DeWayne of Wichita Falls; son-in-law: Jim Christopher of Wichita Falls; 7 grandchildren and 17 great-grandchildren.

Blackwater
09-07-2016, 09:29 AM
Thank God for the great ones like Max in our lives. Where would we be without them? Thank you, Lord, for all the Max's in our lives, who've taught us so very much, and meant so much to us in our times here. Amen.

buckwheatpaul
09-07-2016, 07:40 PM
Charlie, I am so sorry for your loss. Max is with the Father and will never hurt again.....I assure you will see him again with his new body.....I pray for comfort for you brother....Paul

Boaz
09-07-2016, 09:51 PM
Charlie, I am so sorry for your loss. Max is with the Father and will never hurt again.....I assure you will see him again with his new body.....I pray for comfort for you brother....Paul

This is a blessing Paul . Max was worn out , he was tired . I am glad he is home now and I praise GOD taking him there . You are correct ...I WILL see him again . If there is a good crappie fishing hole in heaven I'll know exactly where to find him . Thank you brother .

Boaz
09-07-2016, 10:09 PM
Just a story ;

About 8 years ago Becky and I were going to the range that Sunday evening so I thought I would ask Max to go . We had never talked guns just fishing .
When everyone was going in the sanctuary after bible study I asked him if he would like to go . Didn't actually know if he had any guns so was quick to mention we had plenty of guns and ammo already loaded .

Max was always smiling and true to form he stood with his bible under his arm and listened to my invitation ..smiling all the while . Then he said ;

Charlie the government loaned me a gun for 4 years one time . I carried it for thousands of miles . I shot thousands of rounds with it . I slept with it , ate with it . I kept it clean when I hadn't had a bath for a month . They told me if I lost it I was in big trouble . When I got home I never wanted to shoot another one . But I thank you for askin .

I just said I understand .