PDA

View Full Version : a Bobcat followed me home

GREENCOUNTYPETE
08-25-2016, 11:00 AM
took the family on a little road trip this last weekend , and while my wife was figuring out how to get to the quilt shop she wanted to go to , I stopped at a pawn and gun and this bobcat followed me home.

I know it has the ugly black plastic stock but they these are probably the least expensive muzzle loader that is safe and serviceable.

this one will likely find it's way to the 4-H program if the committee approves the expenditure of 75 dollars to reimburse me the purchase cost

mazo kid
08-25-2016, 11:09 AM
Good buy, and I hope the 4-H committee approves. Can't find a rifle for any less than that. Besides that, it will make a good training tool.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
08-25-2016, 11:28 AM
the program already has one of the bobcats so a pair makes sense

they shoot just fine they even have fairly decent sights , the triggers are a touch heavy but safe

victorfox
08-25-2016, 11:29 AM
Heck of a lucky guy! Making a firewood stock for it could be quite a nice entertaining task:mrgreen:[smilie=p:

Just kidding. While I prefer the nicer walnut or maple stocks, there's nothing wrong with this little guy!

mooman76
08-25-2016, 04:12 PM
Good find and nothing wrong with that. I have a couple like it. A Deerstalker in 32 cal. It has a wood stock though and a Mountain Stalker that does have the plastic stalk.

boommer
08-30-2016, 02:41 AM
just give it to the kids in the 4h and many kids to come will have fun and learn !! support those kids ! as we do at are club. WE open it up for the local 4h 2 days of the week .

Combat Diver
09-02-2016, 06:56 AM
Congrats on the purchase and take care of those kids. Picked up my Bobcat from WalMart when I got back from Germany in 03', finally painted the stock couple years ago and looking forward to using it on leave in a month deer hunting before going to Afghanistan. Cast a Lee Mini Ball for mine also.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/IMG_0540_rz.jpg

CD

Hanshi
09-03-2016, 04:47 PM
I owned and hunted with a DeerHunter (basically the same gun) for more than two decades. They are fine little rifles and the barrels are capable of fine accuracy. You did well purchasing it as you did. Must me, but I'd probably put a traditional stock on it. I'm just glad it wasn't the "other" kind of bobcat.