PDA

View Full Version : Gamo Compact Target Pistol

wv109323
08-24-2016, 06:58 PM
I have one of the above pistols. It is leaking air air, if you wait very long after cocking the pistol there is no pressure to propel the pellet. My pistol is several years old. from my research I can not find parts. Is there anyone that carries parts?
I can not find Gamo parts for sale.

marvelshooter
08-24-2016, 08:08 PM
I have one that also leaked. There are two o-rings - one on the piston and one where the tube threads onto the valve body. They are available anywhere and cured my leaks. The hardest part of the job is getting enough grip on the tube to unscrew the valve body without hurting the tube. There is some sort of adhesive on the threads from the factory. I held mine in a 3 jaw lathe chuck and slowly tightened the chuck while turning the valve body until it broke free. I took some paint off the tube but didn't crush it.

wv109323
08-26-2016, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the info. I just assumed that it would be a lip seal no longer in captivity. Did you try any heat on the valve body threads?

marvelshooter
08-27-2016, 06:39 AM
No I did not try heat. By the time I realized there was an adhesive I already had it apart. A little heat would probably help a lot. Good luck.

w5pv
08-27-2016, 07:21 AM
Soak it good with Kanno Kroil and wait a few minutes and it will make any frozen rusty threads better,take it easy and work it back and forth a few times giving it time to break off the crud that is on the threads.

Vote Trump

wv109323
08-27-2016, 09:48 PM
Marvelshooter
Was the large seal on the cylinder rod a black rubber O-ring? Mine is tan and appears to be harder than a normal O-ring. I can not tell if the cross section is round or a flat spot worn into the seal. The O.D. appears to be 1.00".
To disassemble I whacked the cylinder end with a punch in the spanner holes. It started to unscrew immediately. There was no evidence of a sealant or adhesive in the threads

marvelshooter
08-28-2016, 07:44 AM
Yes. The piston seal was a plain black rubber o-ring. I bought the gun used on GB and it may well have been previously "serviced". That might also explain the thread sealant you didn't have. In any case it is working fine with new o-rings. I used a little silicone grease on the piston o-ring.