PDA

View Full Version : adios for awhile

GoodOlBoy
08-23-2016, 12:14 PM
I've been told by my family I spend too much money because of being on here. So I'm out for awhile. I appreciate all yall have done for me. I've enjoyed it.

God Bless.

Richard

Boaz
08-23-2016, 12:25 PM
GOD be with you Richard . Prayers for you .
Charlie

rancher1913
08-23-2016, 05:29 PM
yah I got told the same thing and then she worries about the hildabeast and tells me to stock up more, women--go figure.

OBIII
08-23-2016, 05:33 PM
Richard,
You are a good man and I hope that you come back to us soon. We'll miss you.
OB

slim1836
08-23-2016, 05:41 PM
Did you tell them how much money you have saved from all you learned here?
Go spend more in the next month and blame them for having to leave here for a while.
Hurry back, you are family and will be missed.

Slim

RogerDat
08-23-2016, 06:04 PM
Like the they told the dog that ate the peach pit..... this too shall pass. Might be a little bit of a pain in the tail area at the time however.
Get things where they need to be then come on back, until then take care.

DerekP Houston
08-23-2016, 06:10 PM
Eh I'm guilty of the same, but I'll be here waiting when you come back or not. Take care!

Preacher Jim
08-23-2016, 06:22 PM
Rich this place is not the same when you are not on with us. Chat will be missing one of the family and I will have to answer, I don't know I think his mom took his keyboard away.

Der Gebirgsjager
08-23-2016, 06:41 PM
We're going to miss you.. come back when you can.

Blackwater
08-23-2016, 07:36 PM
I'll miss you Richard. God speed your return.

leeggen
08-23-2016, 10:56 PM
I don't know your family but I know mine and I know what I would explain to them. Something about it is my money too, and nobodies business but mine and my female.
You will be missed come back later.
CD

w5pv
08-24-2016, 07:45 AM
I am told the same here,the secret is to get up before they do and they will have to guess.

Vote Trump

pmer
08-24-2016, 08:18 AM
This reminds me of buying something fun or unneeded and then having the water heater go out and feeling some guilt over the situation. Castboolits has got me to spend money too but for most part it has been positive. Two good ones that come to mind are a Smith model 10 and a 32 Win. Spl. I wouldn't have these two excellent items without CB.

slim1836
08-24-2016, 07:30 PM
Sneak back in here every chance you get.

Slim

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-24-2016, 08:33 PM
well ....Good Luck Richard.
Hobbies can grow out out of control, that's part of the reason I held a gun auction last year, so I can understand your situation. I hope you find something to fill your time, with something you love.
Jon

Boaz
08-24-2016, 10:16 PM
Richard you live in the best country in Texas to fish . Lot of good lakes in East Texas !

GoodOlBoy
09-17-2016, 08:04 AM
Just dropping by to say howdy, and all is well as can be expected. Thanks everybody for the wishes, I miss you folks. I'll try to sneak back by now and then.

God Bless, and One Love.

GoodOlBoy

Pine Baron
09-17-2016, 08:15 AM
Well Hey there Richard. Glad to here all is well. We miss you also. Go in peace, brother.

dverna
09-17-2016, 08:42 AM
Maybe we need an AA for CB? Blaming the site for spending money is like an alcoholic blaming booze for getting drunk

I have a good buddy who has a heart of gold but cannot keep $20 in his pocket. His wife controls everything or they would be destitute.

You may have a lot to contribute and to learn on this forum so leaving hurts everyone. Talk to the family about having an allowance to pursue your interests and have the discipline to stay within it. Maybe you would rather fish or golf or drink with your buddies...just decide what interests you and do it. Life is too short.

Boaz
09-17-2016, 08:58 AM
Nothing for sale here in the Chapel Richard , you have friends here . Visit often .

Preacher Jim
09-17-2016, 07:57 PM
Was blessed you stopped by chat today do not stay away we don't sell nothing in chapel or chat and you add much my friend

JSnover
09-17-2016, 08:58 PM
You know, they could have offered to pay for some of the stuff you bought.
Right?

Kidding (mostly). Come back when you can.

Hickok
09-19-2016, 08:33 AM
Nothing for sale here in the Chapel Richard , you have friends here . Visit often .Right on brother!

Richard, come in and "neighbor" with us when you can!

Ken in Iowa
09-21-2016, 06:31 PM
I have been scarce myself but for other reasons....

I must say that you are one of my favorite souls here at CB Richard.

God bless!

Hardcast416taylor
09-22-2016, 03:56 PM
Being retired and must watch my `pennies` as far as buying stuff, I also should be off here more than I do. However, I enjoy reading the varied postings and perhaps relating some anecdote about my past or related casting/shooting experiences. Don`t be a stranger on here old friend.Robert

Artful
09-22-2016, 05:22 PM
I tend to dwell in other than sale area's - saves on the wallet but sometimes you just got to grab those bargins.

Half Dog
09-22-2016, 07:53 PM
Reminds me of a story I told many years ago..."I only read the articles".

I enjoy spending the time reading the different posts, which means that I'm not at the store buying anything. But, I cannot pass up a great deal for lead.

Blackwater
09-23-2016, 12:24 PM
Amen about the sales section. I'd just made what for me is a sizeable political contribution, and went to the gun shop to see if my little snubbed off Ruger Mk II was back from being drilled and tapped for a scope mount so I can use a mini-red dot on it, and they had a neat little Beretta Silver Mallard AL-390 in used, and made me an offer I couldn't refuse, even after wretching over it for two hours. It had a short stock and was just right for my youngest grand. As Artful noted, sometimes it's just not wise to pass up a real deal, even if it does come with some "bad timing" occasionally. It's laying beside me on the sofa as I key this in. But at least I think he's really gonna' like it. Fairly nice walnut for these days, "real" machine cut checkering, light, 26" barrel with 2 choke tubes (I'll need to find at least a 3rd now), nice, mild recoil level, and .... who could have passed THAT up? I can be SO easy sometimes! But I rarely wind up regretting it. And I've always been "financially challenged," so at least I know well how to cope with it.

Coming here, though, is one of the most inspiring and uplifting parts of my day. And it's all free, too! Can't get much better than that!

GoodOlBoy
09-28-2016, 10:50 AM
I appreciate it guys I really do. I have dropped every chat board except this one. I am trying to check in but between grinding on the book trying to get it done before the end of the year, grinding on paperwork between SS Disability and my attorneys, and sleeping waayyyyy to much I'm sometimes out of it for days at a time. I still think of all you folks every day. Alot of you are more like family to me than just online "acquaintances". I'm going to make an effort to try to check in at least in Chapel and chat more often again. Maybe, good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise, I will get to feeling better too.

God Bless, and one Love.

GoodOlBoy