PDA

View Full Version : verse 8/23

DerekP Houston
08-23-2016, 08:22 AM
Saw this one recommended by another friend:

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
9 What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
10 I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

Pine Baron
08-23-2016, 09:14 AM
Thank you Derek. Verse 11!

square butte
08-23-2016, 11:51 AM
Always loved that bunch of verse - Thanks Derek

Blackwater
08-23-2016, 08:27 PM
Whenever I'm in a situation where I don't know quite what to do or which way to turn, I try hard to remember this one, and it usually quietens my angst, and lets me think things through so much better than had I nor recalled this one. I have no idea how much regret and pain it's saved me from, or how many times it kept me from making things worse than they were at the time, but it's been a great boon to me many times in life. And if we just keep our composure, and think our way through things, and exercise our trust in things we can't grasp or control, it's amazing how much less of a problem they usually tend to be than we'd thought. For me, this is one of the most utilitarian set of verses in the Bible. The composure and trust and faith necessary to use it ain't easy, but it's always proven so very much worth it over time! Thanks for yet another reminder. Can't hear this one too many times!