PDA

View Full Version : What do I have?

AnthonyB
08-21-2016, 06:15 PM
Fellas:
Bought two presses yesterday that I think are RCBS Ammomaster 2, but they appear to have a some sort of swaging stuff added. What do I have? All thoughts appreciated.174973

Taylor
08-21-2016, 07:40 PM
When it gets sorted out,and you want to get rid of one of them,give me a holler.

AnthonyB
08-21-2016, 07:47 PM
Taylor, what do I have? Am I right that they are Ammomaster 2 presses?
tony

Wayne Smith
08-21-2016, 08:43 PM
I think so, but I'm no expert. Looks like they have swaged bullet ejectors on them. Any other swaging equipment?

runfiverun
08-22-2016, 02:15 AM
those are auto-eject frames for swaging.
check and see if the rams are threaded.
if so you have a couple of presses RCBS sent some parts to someone to swage with. [the rams used to be a listed part]
the eject frames are most likely home made.
you'll want to carefully look at any die sets you got with the stuff and keep it separated in their respective boxes.
don't go mixing up any punches with other dies or anything like that.
the punches are diameter specific for certain uses so mixing up a point form punch with a core swage punch could lead to some bent, gouged, or scratched [read completely ruin expensive to replace] parts.
you could have 3 punches that measure .001 apart [in diameter] and would have been used for 3 different jacket/core combinations in just the core seating operation alone.

anyway those frames would travel up and down with the ram and on the upstroke of the press handle, the frame would come down and push the bullet/swaged core/seated core out of the die.

AnthonyB
08-22-2016, 06:45 PM
runfiverun:
The rams are threaded. I'll get them cleaned up and post some more photos in the Swaging section to get a better idea of what I have. i did not get any dies/punches with the presses, but did get a lot of Sierra, Lapua, and what I assume are swaged 6.5 bullets I'll be listing for sale.
Tony