PDA

View Full Version : Glock 34

clum553946
08-21-2016, 07:25 AM
Just ordered a Glock 34 for Steel Challenge! Been shooting a 20 year old Les Baer 45 acp & decided to try out a 9mm! Anyone have any input on the 34?

ironhead7544
08-21-2016, 09:52 AM
Bought a new one recently. Very accurate. Easily made hits on 1/2 sized torso metal hanger at 100 yards. I am very impressed with it.

Same size as a 5" 1911. Carries easily in a IWB.

phonejack
08-24-2016, 08:14 PM
You will like it !

Plate plinker
08-24-2016, 11:19 PM
yep that is a load of fun to shoot.

robertbank
08-27-2016, 03:37 PM
Likely the #1 gun for IDPA. Gun is a shooter for sure. Bob Vogel uses one to some advantage I believe in Steel Challenge.

Take Care

Bob

EDK
08-27-2016, 08:50 PM
Love mine. Get an aftermarket barrel for lead. Have a KKM PRECISION with one or their compensators (used for $175 off eBay.) And a standard length STORM LAKE. Have the factory "minus connector" in them. Look.up DAWSON sights.

Enjoy one of GLOCK'S better efforts...the 41 is pretty good too

W.R.Buchanan
08-28-2016, 02:39 PM
I have a G35 which is the same gun as a 34 but with a bigger hole in it. I have nearly 10,000 rounds thru it. and it is a great gun. I recently put a Burris Fast Fire on it and am learning to shoot with a red dot on a pistol. new toy?

I would make one recommendation,,, keep the gun as stock as possible and learn to shoot it as it is. Chasing aftermarket parts that fail at the worst possible time is frustrating. BTDT.

My gun has an extended Mag Release and a Plastic Mag Well which I really don't need. I also got rid of the 3.5 lb connector and installed a 5 lb connector like comes in all other Glocks. The heavier connector raises the trigger pull weight but it also lessens the tendency to mash the trigger which you will learn about all on your own. When you see all your shots going low left that is your first clue that you are mashing. Don't feel bad everyone goes thru this.

As far as aftermarket barrels go you really don't need one and my Storm Lake Barrel resides in the bottom of my range bag because it malfunctions 50% of the time. If your boolits are the right size you won't have problems with leading. See the big sticky entitled "the Truth about Glocks and Cast Boolits."

Your new gun will take about 5-800 rounds to break in. I would heavily suggest a trip to a Front Sight 4 Day Defensive Pistol Class in Pahrump NV (within easy driving distance for you in Visalia), which will teach you how to shoot the gun and break it in at the same time. In a 4 day class you will shoot 800 rounds and be a pretty decent shot when you get back. You will also have the fundamentals of defensive shooting from a holster firmly implanted in you.

Buy 2 extra mags and a Bladetech Kydex Holster and Mag Pouches and you are good to go. Don't forget a trip to Walmart to stock up on ammo.

best of luck on you purchase, and I hope you get good with it. I just told you how to do it.

Randy

lefty o
08-28-2016, 06:25 PM
despite the negativity, there are alot of top quality aftermarket parts for the glocks that dont fail, if you so desire. lot of junk out there too. if it fits your hand and points well for you, you'll probably like it. mine has been highly modified to fit my needs and desires, but it functioned perfectly stock.