PDA

View Full Version : Old redding Turret

abunaitoo
08-20-2016, 09:56 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Redding-T-6-Turret-Reloading-Press-/131909526070?hash=item1eb66ba236:g:Ct0AAOSwMtxXsl~ s

Old Redding turret press on ebay.
I didn't know they were tilted back like most old presses.
Any idea when they went from tilted to straight ???????

flashhole
08-21-2016, 03:51 PM
That is the Model 25. I used to own one. Nice press, I just couldn't warm up to the backward slant and sold it. Redding changed design when they introduced the Model T-7. Don't know the year but it has been a while.

Char-Gar
08-21-2016, 04:25 PM
I have one and it is a fine press. The nut holding the turret in place on the one on Ebay is not original.

Guardian
08-22-2016, 01:59 PM
Guys, I noticed there is an extra hole in the toggle. Is that to adjust leverage or change the direction of handle operation?

Ickisrulz
08-22-2016, 08:43 PM
Guys, I noticed there is an extra hole in the toggle. Is that to adjust leverage or change the direction of handle operation?

That's a good question. I have a later #25 and it does not have that extra hole. I got my press around 2000 which was the tail end of when these were made. There were some variations apparently. I think moving the pin to the other hole would effect leverage and length of stroke.

Guardian
08-23-2016, 09:22 AM
That's a good question. I have a later #25 and it does not have that extra hole. I got my press around 2000 which was the tail end of when these were made. There were some variations apparently. I think moving the pin to the other hole would effect leverage and length of stroke.

Thanks. I didn't know if there was a forward hole for the connecting link that just couldn't be seen in the photo.

Char-Gar
08-23-2016, 11:53 AM
That press is the last one Redding put out with a six hole turret. I have on like it, I bought in 2004. The press looks to be rehabbed and that extra hole in the link was not put there by Redding.

I like presses that are tilted back. The idea was to do it that way so you could see what you are doing. All of my presses are tilted back except the Lyman All-American turret. My RCBS A2 can be tilted or straight, by a change of a bolt. I keep it tilted. I guess it is just what a fellow started with and is used to.

BTW...if a fellow is looking for a used turret press that is as smooth as silk and won't wear out, I can highly recommend the Lyman All-American.

Ickisrulz
08-23-2016, 02:38 PM
If you look at the press in the photos in this link you will see the "extra" hole on it. Perhaps it is the exact same press.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?78804-new-life-for-a-Redding-25-Turret-press