PDA

View Full Version : Cross creek cowboy church

rl69
08-20-2016, 08:56 PM
A few of us went down to cross creek in zackery la.we served 300+ plate lunches Friday and 300+ today. We also got the church ready for service tomorrow.

We we met a bunch of tiered people. A number of times I heard "we got our house gutted and we are letting it dry out, so we have been down at so and so house helping them" a few times I herd people say "thank god we only got a few feet of water, so and so got over 4 feet they had to gut the hole thing" think about that for a second. If you got under four feet you only had too tear out half the sheet rock and you or thankful for that!

The sides of the road is littered with sofas, beds, appliances people trying to get their lives cleaned up.

The one thing I didn't see was any broken people. Just a bunch of tiered people moving forward

Praise be to God

My wife just read this to me out loud sorry I'm tiered or tired or something

Boaz
08-20-2016, 09:04 PM
Lord be with and help the people in the flooding . Restore their lives as they work to rebuild them . Comfort the familys that lost loved ones , especially be close to them in their time of loss and grief . Thank you for always being there to lean on Lord . Amen

Boaz
08-20-2016, 09:06 PM
Thank you for going and reporting rl69 . I will not ask him to bless you , he already has . Thank you sir .

rl69
08-20-2016, 09:40 PM
Thank you Charlie It's good to be home

Pine Baron
08-20-2016, 09:54 PM
Thanks rl. I'm "tiered" too. And Boaz, Amen.

MaryB
08-20-2016, 11:34 PM
Prayers for the people suffering and it shouldn't take something like this to pull a community together.

Blackwater
08-21-2016, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the report and the keen observation, RL. It's amazing how folks just don't change much, no matter what they're facing, isn't it? Good people of good cheer and faith, just never seem to let anything get them down too far. Tired? Sure! But never faithless. And good folks don't have time for "woe is me," so they just get busy and deal with whatever's before them, and even in the worst times, always have room for a laugh or two whenever someone makes a wry comment! It's really true - you just can't keep good folks down. I haven't been able to go on missions like these for a long time now. But those here who can always come back impressed and strengthened by the character of folks in distress. In Katrina, the "gimme" types went to the big football stadium, and bedlam resulted. Elsewhere, folks just kept plugging away as they could and when they could and how they could, and just simply rebuilt. Quite a contrast between the faithful and the those who know no God, isn't it? And it's always been like that. Among the lawless, when there's no law enforcement, they run rampant. Among the good, no to very little enforcement is even needed! People who have always lived pulling together, just keep on doing that. It's what sociologists have come to term "community," and it's a tremendously powerful force. And isn't it funny how folks act when the high and mighty and the low and humble ALL face the same things? Kind'a leavens everyone out, and makes them appreciate each other more. That's one of the good things that comes out of these disasters. People really become real people again, if they'd ever departed from it and tried to create some other entity for themselves. Tragedies DO bring people together again, and redirects their cares and concerns, and their appreciation of the humble things in life. The human spirit can't be overcome, unless we throw it away ourselves, and in the face of great challenges, few do that, and some find their faith yet again. Amazing how that works, isn't it?

Preacher Jim
08-22-2016, 12:10 PM
the hardest part of my knee problem is i can't go help out at disasters anymore. but i can still pray every day for the Lord to send workers to bless these families and provide help for them. i also pray quoting Jesus beacause those fields are ripe for the harvest and the workers are few. thank you for giving of yourself to answer the Lords call.

Blackwater
08-23-2016, 08:59 PM
Amen, Jim. I'm in the same predicament. Just went to get the hips and knees X-rayed today, and expect a surgeon's appt. next week after he looks them over. It's always been SO edifying and gratifying when a near cripple could do something for someone who needed and appreciated it so very much. The reason so many are becoming cynical today, I think, is simply because they don't get out much any more, and help someone who really needs and deserves it. Do that, and it's pretty much impossible to be cynical. Attempts to be cynical after doing something like that, and a lump kind'a wells up in the throat, and the cynical thoughts and words have a hard time coming out. Ain't it funny how that works?

In bygone days, if someone's home burned, which wasn't uncommon, if they'd been the kind who'd helped others when their homes had burned, the whole community would pitch in and raise them a new house in very short order, and give them all the hand-me-downs they had to spare, and see to it they "got by." It was the only kind of "insurance" they had or could afford! But let someone be haughty and NOT help others in need, and when THEIR homes burned, they got precious little help, and had to pay - if they could - for every nail and board and hour of labor to rebuild. It was really kind'a self-governing and self-supporting, and everyone profited without money ever even being a question. It COULD still be like that, but it'd probably be very interesting to see how long it would take for some to "catch on," and how many might never "get it." We sure have some awfully stubborn and willful folks around today, who ONLY know "the value of a dollar." Dollars certainly have their place, but nothing - NOTHING - beats simple neighborliness! Nothing ever will, either. Those who have had good neighbors and bad understand.