PDA

View Full Version : Screwed on GuUn Broker

nelson133
05-29-2008, 06:28 PM
On Tuesday, May 27, I submitted a "buy it now" bid for some Winchester Ranger .40 caliber ammo on Gun Broker. The item was one of several lots of this ammunition. I received my confirmation from Gun Broker and contacted the seller. He wrote back and said he didn't have the product with no further information, I wrote him a testy note suggesting that this amounted to fraud and his response was basically "too bad".
The user name from Gin Broker is Schweitzer, email is FirearmsB@aol.com, business name is Swiss Gun Collectors Association, contact name is Max Hausman from Barre Vermont.
From my experience, this is one guy you don't want to do business with.
Now I know that factory ammo isn't a major concern on this site, but there is a lot of interest in Swiss rifles and if he'd pull this on an auction site, you should be careful.

mike in co
05-29-2008, 06:34 PM
On Tuesday, May 27, I submitted a "buy it now" bid for some Winchester Ranger .40 caliber ammo on Gun Broker. The item was one of several lots of this ammunition. I received my confirmation from Gun Broker and contacted the seller. He wrote back and said he didn't have the product with no further information, I wrote him a testy note suggesting that this amounted to fraud and his response was basically "too bad".
The user name from Gin Broker is Schweitzer, email is FirearmsB@aol.com, business name is Swiss Gun Collectors Association, contact name is Max Hausman from Barre Vermont.
From my experience, this is one guy you don't want to do business with.
Now I know that factory ammo isn't a major concern on this site, but there is a lot of interest in Swiss rifles and if he'd pull this on an auction site, you should be careful.

he entered in a contract, and it is fraud to not perform...call his local police force and report the fraud.( since you did not loose funds...they will likely not spend much time on it)
make sure you tell gun broker also.

go to his swiss rifle site and see what you can post...lol
mike in co

Scrounger
05-29-2008, 06:54 PM
His attitude sucks alright but he hasn't broken any laws, unless you sent him money which he didn't return. Of course it is technically fraudulent to offer something you can't deliver, but unless he took money, you're just wasting your time. He may have had the ammo and sold it locally just before you bought. Some people put it right in the ad that the item is for sale locally, and I think any of us would gladly make a local sale and pull the ad whenever possible. GunBroker might punish him but the police will just laugh at you. It has happened to me, I just don't let it upset me.

runfiverun
05-29-2008, 08:15 PM
this would be aggravating
it is just 40 s&w, but i would be really upset if it was like 25 rimfire or something.

JSnover
05-29-2008, 08:29 PM
http://home.arcor.de/ejunkies/Marketplace.htm

That's the web address of the Swiss Gun Collectors Association, Barre VT. Their email is info@swiss-guncollectors.com
Might be worthwhile to drop them a line with all of his info, in case he's not really affiliated with them.