PDA

View Full Version : fal rifles

edwin41
08-17-2016, 05:44 PM
just curios , ive been reading about building fals from recievers of various makes .

are the original fal rifles so difficult to find , or are they prohibited by law or something like that ?

over here in Holland they are plentyfull , and don't cost much , parts for these rifles also easily obtainable , just order them from Germany .
my fal rifle is an enfield l1a1 in excellent shape , value in Holland would be a 200 dollar or so.

as mentioned , just curios.

edwin41
08-17-2016, 05:50 PM
http://waffen-teile.de/... don't know if this link would work.
as mentioned , parts are easily obtained , but a complete rifle would cost less than some parts advertised .

Scorpius
08-17-2016, 05:54 PM
Heheh can we order parts one at a time until we get a completed one? Crazy we can't get stuff here that's readily available elsewhere. Thanks mr president

historicfirearms
08-17-2016, 06:09 PM
I wish we could get a real FAL here in the states for $200. I sold an Argentine paratrooper last year for about ten times that amount.

bouncer50
08-17-2016, 07:19 PM
http://waffen-teile.de/... don't know if this link would work.
as mentioned , parts are easily obtained , but a complete rifle would cost less than some parts advertised . I like that link on the magazines some hard to find in the states. Just a part kit like a Imbel will cost 400.00 or more in US dollars. A average part kit put together will cost 800.00 to 1200.00

Artful
08-17-2016, 09:41 PM
WE got several things that happened in the US - the ban on importing "Assault Weapon" which restricted receiver's being imported, the restriction on "Assault Weapon" barrel imports, 922 reg's which now require a number of US parts be in any FAL built in America.

bzajdek
08-17-2016, 09:53 PM
They have an IMBEL logo receiver group buy going on at fal files.com. I am on the list for one. Parts kits are still available an reasonable.

Artful
08-17-2016, 10:21 PM
They have an IMBEL logo receiver group buy going on at fal files.com. I am on the list for one. Parts kits are still available an reasonable.

Yeah of NOS 2001 dated Imbel Gear Logo receivers

Geezer in NH
08-17-2016, 10:33 PM
A FAL is in the USA a forbidden to import firearm as they are full auto unless for the Government. The Parts without the top receiver cannot be imported with the barrel.

The Imported by Browning FAL as a semi-auto was then made forbidden as a few parts could convert it to full auto. One that were imprted are worth many thousands of dollard as collector items.

edwin41
09-03-2016, 04:14 PM
so I understand its a legal thing.
kind of odd that you cant import one , but are allowed to build one .
I really don t get the politicians....

Geezer in NH
09-07-2016, 09:08 PM
Cannot build a real one either. No safety sear allowed as it is considered a full auto part so we get a bastardized receiver that cannot have one.