PDA

View Full Version : Ingratitude

claude
08-17-2016, 07:53 AM
(Isaiah 43:20-28) "The beast of the field shall honour me, the dragons and the owls: because I give waters in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert, to give drink to my people, my chosen. {21} This people have I formed for myself; they shall shew forth my praise. {22} ¶ But thou hast not called upon me, O Jacob; but thou hast been weary of me, O Israel. {23} Thou hast not brought me the small cattle of thy burnt offerings; neither hast thou honoured me with thy sacrifices. I have not caused thee to serve with an offering, nor wearied thee with incense. {24} Thou hast bought me no sweet cane with money, neither hast thou filled me with the fat of thy sacrifices: but thou hast made me to serve with thy sins, thou hast wearied me with thine iniquities. {25} I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins. {26} Put me in remembrance: let us plead together: declare thou, that thou mayest be justified. {27} Thy first father hath sinned, and thy teachers have transgressed against me. {28} Therefore I have profaned the princes of the sanctuary, and have given Jacob to the curse, and Israel to reproaches."

Ingratitude: forgetfulness of or poor return for kindness received :

God's people have consistently shown a lack of gratitude, a forgetfulness to honor Him and what He does throughout history, the bible is full of examples of His people taking Him for granted, to the point that he lets them face plant marvelously.

How about you? Do you remember to give honor where honor is due, and to repay His kindness with love? Do you "put Him in remembrance?" If not, you can expect to hit hard times, your choice.

Pine Baron
08-17-2016, 08:05 AM
Thanks Claude. I have been "reminded" many times.

USMC87
08-17-2016, 09:10 AM
Great post Claude, Yes Sir I too have been reminded time and again.

Blackwater
08-17-2016, 11:03 AM
Graet question, Claude. I doubt any of us could really give God His due, because everything we are or ever could be we owe to Him. The only thing we really "own" completely is our free will, and being human and fallible, we use it so unwisely and so selfishly at times, that there's no way any of us mortals could ever truly give God all He deserves. But I'm getting better at it, thanks to Him and His wondrous ways and grace and mercy to me, as an individual.

G. K. Chesterton said that he thought appreciation was the highest form of human thought. This is clearly where he got it from, I think. Great post. Thanks.

claude
08-18-2016, 11:59 AM
Graet question, Claude. I doubt any of us could really give God His due, because everything we are or ever could be we owe to Him. The only thing we really "own" completely is our free will, and being human and fallible, we use it so unwisely and so selfishly at times, that there's no way any of us mortals could ever truly give God all He deserves. But I'm getting better at it, thanks to Him and His wondrous ways and grace and mercy to me, as an individual.

G. K. Chesterton said that he thought appreciation was the highest form of human thought. This is clearly where he got it from, I think. Great post. Thanks.

Does it really matter whether we give "Full Due" as long as we give the best we have? Who ever suggested we were capable of giving "Full Due"

And mortal is not a term a Christian applies to himself, unless speaking of the flesh self, when we believe in Him, we put on immortality.

Mortal;
G2349
θνητός
thnētos
thnay-tos'
From G2348; liable to die: - mortal (-ity).

1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

Immortality
G110
ἀθανασία
athanasia
ath-an-as-ee'-ah
From a compound of G1 (as a negative particle) and G2288; deathlessness: - immortality.

That is the message written in John Chapter 3;

(John 3:15-16) "That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. {16} ¶ For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Twice for emphasis, fascinating, is it not?

Preacher Jim
08-18-2016, 01:18 PM
great post Claude and a great reminder.
I also like to include John 3: 17-18 to remind folks they condemn themselves don't blame God.

claude
08-18-2016, 02:27 PM
Good point indeed.

great post Claude and a great reminder.
I also like to include John 3: 17-18 to remind folks they condemn themselves don't blame God.

johnson1942
08-18-2016, 02:37 PM
man claude do you ever get to the meat of it. i love you living breathing positive way of christian thinking. keep it coming.

Blackwater
08-18-2016, 04:28 PM
You're right, Claude. Didn't mean it that way, but my mistake. And you're right on every point. And all very well taken. Thanks for clarifying it all. I love your posts. You speak much more precisely than I sometimes do, and that's awfully valuable.

claude
08-18-2016, 06:17 PM
Thank you all, I appreciate the positive input, but, I also insist you understand that it is The Spirit speaking, and the glory is indeed the FATHERS. My little carnal self could never put this together without the aid of the Comforter.

Blackwater
08-19-2016, 07:03 AM
Same here, Claude. Speaking of interpretations of the words of the Bible does call for more precise language than we often use, and this often results in misunderstandings. Our humanity coming out? All I know is most of the quarrels I see are very often no more than that. It's a good lesson when someone like you points these things out. Saves a lot of misunderstanding and quarreling .... I hope.

johnson1942
08-19-2016, 09:31 AM
please dont misunderstand me, when i see a type of behavior coupled with false bible teaching it is not a misunderstanding. i hope that is realized.

Pine Baron
08-19-2016, 02:48 PM
Thank you all, I appreciate the positive input, but, I also insist you understand that it is The Spirit speaking, and the glory is indeed the FATHERS. My little carnal self could never put this together without the aid of the Comforter.
Amen brother. All Glory to God.