PDA

View Full Version : Reloading / Casting room

Tenbender
08-16-2016, 04:01 PM
Been working on this for awhile. Now I'm moving into it. Insulated with heat and air. Now on the cold winter days I can get ahead for the summer and fall..

slim1836
08-16-2016, 04:12 PM
Too clean, you can still find everything. :bigsmyl2:

Slim

472x1B/A
08-16-2016, 04:45 PM
Too clean, you can still find everything. :bigsmyl2:

Slim

My thoughts exactly as I looked at the first picture. Very nice job Tenbender, looks really good.

Czech_too
08-16-2016, 05:54 PM
Very nice.

After the weather the past 2 weeks +, I'm thinking how I can put air into my 'shop'.

bullet maker 57
08-17-2016, 05:06 AM
Looking good.

dpoe001
08-17-2016, 05:50 AM
Looks like you put a lot of thought into your reloading room.

dverna
08-17-2016, 09:28 AM
Only two mistakes I can see. You made it too small! You need a vent hood over the casting pot. Plus a couple of fire extinguishers.

I like the many outlets over the bench. Good thinking. Hopefully they are not just one circuit. Nice layout and workmanship!

Pine Baron
08-17-2016, 09:35 AM
Looking good. Dang, I need more "stuff".

PaulG67
08-17-2016, 09:49 AM
Nice work Tenbender, looks terrific. I really like your bi-level benches. How big is the room?

Driver33
08-17-2016, 02:31 PM
That is really nice

buckwheatpaul
08-17-2016, 02:34 PM
Great job.....I bet ya it wont take long to look like the rest of our loading rooms.....

Tenbender
08-17-2016, 04:28 PM
Only two mistakes I can see. You made it too small! You need a vent hood over the casting pot. Plus a couple of fire extinguishers.

I like the many outlets over the bench. Good thinking. Hopefully they are not just one circuit. Nice layout and workmanship!

Did you not see the range hood over the pot ?

daniel lawecki
08-17-2016, 06:37 PM
Been working on my new room yours looks awesome. I saw it but there will be no cast in mine.

RP
08-17-2016, 09:29 PM
Very nice post another picture of it in a year and lets see how neat it looks then lol

AZBronco
08-17-2016, 10:11 PM
Nice lighting over the melt pot and good placement of the press at the widow. Have you other lighting in the press area?

mazo kid
08-18-2016, 11:08 AM
Very nice planning and execution. I suspended my range hood about a foot over the melting pot. I have one wall outlet and a 5 foot WireMold Plug Strip, each on a 20 amp circuit. You're gonna really enjoy your space!

Tenbender
08-18-2016, 08:23 PM
Very nice post another picture of it in a year and lets see how neat it looks then lol

I'm not completely moved in yet. It is filling fast. I did find time to cast 400 or so 255 gr. 454's today. Seems nice for the fluxing smoke going outside. I still have 2 lube sizers , powder measure stand and primer seat to mount.

leeggen
08-18-2016, 08:36 PM
Where is the microwave for heating pastry and the coffee pot? Looking great, you have done a fine job. I'm like RP I want to see pics in a year.
CD

RP
08-18-2016, 09:37 PM
Where is the microwave for heating pastry and the coffee pot? Looking great, you have done a fine job. I'm like RP I want to see pics in a year.
CD
Good point and what about the radio and TV oh and computer ? Not going to say anything about the posters of the half naked women holding guns or the ice box for the drinks. I think on the other side of the room your wife has taken over storing all the Christmas stuff and what ever lol.

mdell49
08-19-2016, 10:17 AM
Did you not see the range hood over the pot ?
I did and thought using a range hood was very clever. I'll bet it was a lot of work venting it through the roof. Is the room in your home or is it a finished shop area?

OS OK
08-19-2016, 10:37 AM
I'll put my money on ..."It'll be clean and organized in a year, no doubt in my mind." Who wants to bet?

A man doesn't put forth an effort like this to only turn around and goof it all up...yep, clean and organized every time you look!

Very nice Tenbender!

RogerDat
08-19-2016, 11:10 AM
Nice job! Totally awesome room, heated, AC and vented. With nice furnishings, what more does any man need. I mean beside scanty clad women poster, coffee pot and beer fridge available. Microwave is nice for when the coffee mug gets cold. Be a bonus if you can get the wife to pay for the pizza you ordered or bring the lead up when it gets delivered. But hey damn nice reloading room. Man gets to cast indoors, man cave jealousy rears its ugly head.

:kidding:

Unless you have had a bench with an established spacing for mounted equipment I might suggest keeping mounted items portable and using clamps, at least for a bit while you work out the best arrangement and spacing. I put a second mounting location for a press just a touch too close to another. Just a touch too far to do a one step, two step move between presses from one seated position, and too close to make working between them as easy as another few inches apart would have.

mold maker
08-19-2016, 11:51 AM
Confession time.......
With my first press, I had no idea it would multiply. Thus I wound up with extra holes when it got moved. Then came the Mec Jr Which created more holes, but surely the last.
Now with a new top and LEE mounting wedges, there are only three stations, each changeable to fit the use at hand.
In the almost 60 years, i have only see the available acreage some show in pictures when the bench tops were new. There are areas that haven't seen daylight since new. Regardless of how hard I try I just wind up moving the mess from one side to the other.
Do you actually keep everything as neat and organized as depicted in the photos? Or is the mess just outside of camera range.

Tenbender
08-19-2016, 03:29 PM
I did and thought using a range hood was very clever. I'll bet it was a lot of work venting it through the roof. Is the room in your home or is it a finished shop area?

This room in out in a storage building. I petitioned off a 12' section insulated it and dry walled it. I do have a small tv going in and my cb . Someone ask about the circuits for the outlets. There are 3 , 20 amp circuits. I have gas for the coffee pot. The one I use in the deer hut. The 1/8" alum. under the casting pot was an after thought. Nice though. If the mold gets to hot just sit it on the plate and that sucks the heat right out. It is hooked to the static ground with all the outlets and hood fan.

Ole Joe Clarke
08-21-2016, 09:46 PM
Love the neat looking setup. Post another photo after you get everything mounted.

Vinne
08-21-2016, 10:42 PM
Nice setup!!!

RP
08-21-2016, 11:01 PM
I use a range hood recycled form a tear down and vented it out the wall great add on to my casting and it has some lights that help alot with my ageing eyes.

Idaho Sharpshooter
08-22-2016, 12:51 AM
Someday my 21x14" reloading/trophy room will look that clean and tidy.

Probably about a month after they bury me and the boys come over to help my wife straighten it all out.

I made the mistake of trying to do a one room for everything style. Then I made three trips to Africa, and it got away from me. Where are you going to put about twenty rifles, five or six shotguns, and a dozen or so handguns; along with ammunition and brass? Then we can talk about three ceiling height book cases, and the other stuff... Like seven reloading presses and about sixty sets of dies.

Yours does look very well organized.

Rich

NavyVet1959
08-22-2016, 01:06 AM
Where's the beer fridge / kegerator?

I have air-conditioning in my reloading "shack", but don't have heat. I just change out the lights to incandescent in the winter to get some heat. Even without that, the worse it gets is 60F in there during "dead of winter". I can live with that...

Iron Whittler
08-22-2016, 05:00 AM
Very nice indeed. Keeping it that way may prove to be a serious task. Making the best of space at hand brings out the ingenuity in us. My only suggestion at this time would be to lay in a larger stock of components that you use. Better to have a little extra than none at all. Best wishes and good shooting.:Fire:

TCLouis
08-22-2016, 02:43 PM
NICE.

No mess it up a little

mazo kid
08-30-2016, 11:57 AM
Maybe he didn't need to go through the roof? Since my area is in the basement, I vented mine through the outside wall, sized the vent down to use a dryer vent flapper on the outside.