PDA

View Full Version : Old ch priming tool

cooter303
08-16-2016, 10:36 AM
Does anyone reconize this old priming tool. I believe it is made by ch. ch is stamped on the shell holders. The holders are female threaded. I have tried googling it but nothing has come up as a match. Looking for a 30/06 and 44 mag shell holders for it. Hoping someone can tell me what I have and where I can find shellholders for it.
thanks Scott

Green Frog
08-16-2016, 02:20 PM
It looks to me like you have a Pope-style re- and decapper as made by Jerry Simmons. Some enterprising soul took some old fashioned C-H shell holders and modified them to fit, and a decapping rod was made out of a long bolt. That's what it looks like from the pictures you posted... a side view of the decapping rod would help with the ID, but that's how it looks from here.

Froggie

cooter303
08-17-2016, 02:31 PM
Well that would explain why i cant find any shell holders for it.

Green Frog
08-18-2016, 07:54 PM
Cooter303, that style of "re- & de-" is popular with the Schuetzen gang. Some of us use the same shell all day long, reloading it at the bench for each shot. I would expect one of the shell holders to fit 32-40 (same as 30-30) as that was one of the more popular Schuetzen calibers for years. As for getting more shell holders, any machinist should be able to modify the appropriate CH originals to work for you.

Froggie.