PDA

View Full Version : New thought

claude
08-15-2016, 02:00 PM
I wrote this for a friend, but decided it might go well here.

Ask most about Christ and the great consensus is that He came to save, and rightfully so, there are numerous indications that His mission was salvation, it is inarguable but for the very densest of creatures. It is a given to most, He came to save us from death. Period.

Have you ever considered Who He came to save us from? It is a valid question, and by and large the answer will be "why, Satan, of course" given with a certain incredulousness that one might even ask such a question. Sort of a "good God boy, what are you thinking" attitude/inflection.

I say otherwise, and can give a short proof which when taken in it's simplicity, says it all.

(Matthew 10:27-28) "What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. {28}And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

And He, YHVH, is the only being in all creation who has that ability....so it follows, who else would we need to be saved from?

Simply put, out of His love for His children Christ came to offer us a path to atonement (at one ment), a path of reconciliation, so the Yah would not be forced to kill us.

We are given a choice, accept the sacrificial Lamb, or die, choose life;

(Exodus 12:11-12) "¶ And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it is the LORD’S passover. {12} For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD."

(Deuteronomy 30:18-19) "I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it. {19} I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:"

I'll leave it at that, it will register, or not..

Enjoy!!

johnson1942
08-15-2016, 03:30 PM
dont understand the question. simple answer from me is saved from original sin cause by adam and eve. when you have your righousness in order then you work on lack of sin in your life. cant see how it can be anything else.

claude
08-15-2016, 03:34 PM
Have you ever considered Who He came to save us from?

You do not understand that? Perhaps I can simplify even more, Who do you think Jesus came to save us from, by His offer of atonement?

Pine Baron
08-15-2016, 04:15 PM
Well I'll raise some eyebrows. "Who" do I think? Ourselves. Yeah, chew on that one.

claude
08-15-2016, 07:05 PM
Pine Baron,

Your thought is valid to a point, we do indeed have the ability to not choose salvation, and die by default, however, we don't have the ability to destroy our souls at the final judgement.

So while I agree partially, your thought wasn't as toothsome as to be the final word. The sinner needs saving from The Father, because should one choose not to accept the salvation, paid for with the ultimate price, they are doomed, not by their own power, but by His.

rl69
08-15-2016, 08:03 PM
I agree God is the one who judges us

I disagree that was the only reason for his death. in Genesis we see his death will crush the head of satin. and in the gospels we see in the ripping of the vail his death allows us to once again get close to God

thank you you for this post it sure did get me to thinking about things that matter instead of the bs of this world

claude
08-15-2016, 08:17 PM
If it put you to thinking Ronnie, that's a good thing. Too many seek a comfort zone and languish in it, I don't say that to diminish anyone, but because one seldom makes great strides from a place of comfort. Rather, comfort invites stagnation

rl69
08-15-2016, 08:20 PM
No truer words have been spoken

w5pv
08-16-2016, 09:08 AM
Amen.

johnson1942
08-16-2016, 09:32 AM
too japhitic for me, sorry i guess im just not in you guys way of thinking. complacient, wow, that bold.

claude
08-16-2016, 01:12 PM
Well Johnson, even though we may see things differently, we Christians are all part of one body;

1Co 12:4-14 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. (5) And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord. (6) And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. (7) But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. (8) For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; (9) To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; (10) To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: (11) But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will. (12) For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. (13) For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. (14) For the body is not one member, but many.

We all have our part to do, and I would guess you do yours with great joy, and thanksgiving just as others do theirs with great joy, and thanksgiving. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Blackwater
08-16-2016, 03:59 PM
Claude, thanks for a very salient point, and one that we definitely tend strongly to gloss over. God makes no errors, and He gave each of us differing mentalities and experiences, which result in differing perspectives from which to view His words, and that's what's really responsible, I think, for whatever differences that may exist among us, but in the end, we're all Christians, and as it says in verses 4, 5 and 6, we're of one body, even with whatever niggling differences might exist between us. If we were wiser than we mortals tend to be, we'd hold this very simple and very consequential principle in the fore for all of us, and we'd then become a really awesome force, more than we've tended to be as bands of believers who believe this or that, and hold those differences in the fore.

Christianity is the most powerful and consequential force on earth, and yet all too often, we squabble among ourselves on what really amounts to differences in "taste" and emphasis. Not one of us probably, CAN receive the whole message that's been given to us, and instead of using our time to study and further enlighten ourselves, and soak up the wisdom in it all, we far too often engage in swabbles over what really amounts to nothing.

Personally, I blame the "mood of the day" today for most of it. Things indeed ARE more challenging to us Christians in particular these days than probably ever. We've got all these wonders of technology now, and instead of spending our time growing gardens and farming and tending stock, we argue and divide ourselves, instead of simply sharing our views, such as they are right now, and seeking to edify ourselves further. And once we decide to "sit and rest on what we have," momentum tends heavily to keep us in those comfort zones you mention, and we stagnate. And I don't think that's recommended anywhere in God's word. And the only way to not stagnate is to keep discussing it all, and preferably with those who differ from us, simply because there's not much TO learn from those who think just like we do.

It seems that would be self-evident, and it pretty well is providing only that we don't regard those differences as heresies, but as simply what they are - a view from a different perspective. But the greatest thing about Christianity is that the door is always open to all of us to correct our course, and proceed in new, more righteous directions. "Once saved, always saved" is the mantra of Baptists like me, and I think that's true, provided "saved" doesn't mean just walking the aisle. There's got to be that change or heart, or it's a false start. At least that's how I see it, and there are other views. Just one example of the things that we waste so much time and effort and emotion on, when we COULD be trying to seek some significant edification.

But we were made human, and there's got to be a purpose in it that serves God. I'm not qualified to comment on that, and just have to keep wondering about things like that, and other things, but what would life be without continuing challenges? We'd probably get so lazy we couldn't stand our own selves! Seriously, though, it's the problems and questions we have that simply motivate us to learn more and do better. I think God knew MUCH more about what He was doing when He made us than we EVER will! And I just try to go with that. Sure keeps me out'a trouble! And away from sins! Thank you, Lord. I NEED that!