PDA

View Full Version : A reading

Boaz
08-15-2016, 06:40 AM
Don't know how it will be accepted but decided to do a reading . Kind of a first for me , don't dwell on the wind , the camera falling over , the battery dying or my singing , lol. Nature was not cooperating but worked with what I had . Thank you for looking and hope you reread it yourself .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xloH38PgCCU&feature=youtu.be

I dug this old thread out of the forum archives . In the book Jesus tells the disciples of his leaving in a cryptic way . They were told several times but didn't understand completely how he could or would leave them . They acknowledged him as the messiah and thought he would stay on earth to bring a new beginning . They didn't understand he was to pay the debit of our sins by sacrificing his own life . He was here to bring the new covenant by teaching and being the sacrifice to give us the offer of salvation .

It's Easter and I hope many reconnect with him if they have strayed . I also hope everyone here has a great Easter ! GOD be with us .

GhostHawk
08-15-2016, 08:32 AM
Says this video is private, won't let me watch it.

Pine Baron
08-15-2016, 08:42 AM
Me too. Says to sign in?

Boaz
08-15-2016, 09:03 AM
Dang ! Let me check .

Boaz
08-15-2016, 09:30 AM
I think it's fixed! Try it now!

Blackwater
08-15-2016, 11:39 AM
Good post and great effort, Boaz. I love the setting. The wind, I think, really just adds to the mood of it all, really, so maybe it wasn't what you wanted, but it works. And great passage. Thank you.

rl69
08-15-2016, 08:18 PM
Great job ,thank you it really touched me.

That the same lake Becky played at ?

Boaz
08-15-2016, 09:45 PM
We live on a small lake .

jcren
08-15-2016, 11:21 PM
Thank you sir.

Pine Baron
08-16-2016, 08:25 AM
Thanks Boaz. What a wonderful, peaceful setting and the reading, not too shabby. [smilie=s:

USMC87
08-16-2016, 08:54 AM
I really enjoyed the read, setting and the singing from the heart which is to me the only kind!

Blackwater
08-16-2016, 04:25 PM
Amen on the singing! There's really nothing like good folks sharing a song, even when only one is doing the singing. Song has a power unique to itself.

G. K. Chesterton used to love the old English pubs and went there for a beer and some bread and cheese often. He loved the spontaneous songs that would break out in them - a sort of celebration of life, and even all our foibles in it. When we poke fun at our own weaknesses in song, it kind'a strengthens us, and almost against our will, edifies us in some sort of almost osmosis like prosess.

And simple hymns of praise are always greatly inspiring. Another of Chesterton's nearly endless quips was that "anything worth doing, is worth doing badly!" And he was right. He declaimed having only one person singing just because they were best at it, or at least that being the only songs heard. He loved the general populace singing loud and strong, even if off key!

I remember one old lady in my church when I was a kid. She was poor, but as devout and sincere and dedicated as any Christian who has ever walked the earth. And she loved to sing in church, and had a powerful voice. She'd lean her head back, in near ecstasy and just belted out the song, mostly on key but often slipping slightly off key, and hers was always the voice I paid most attention to, and learned to love. She surely played a significant role in my learning to love my Lord! A Lord who could inspire that woman so, and make her feel like He obviously did, was the kind of Lord I wanted to really get to know!

It was the depth of her obvious devotion that always struck and impressed me. And I am absolutely sure beyond a shadow of any doubt, that Christ loved that woman's voice beyond all the others, because I know if a young lad like I was noticed it, Christ couldn't miss it!

Sometimes, it's not whether we're an opera star, or can even not carry a tune. Sometimes, it's just about our willingness to belt it out, and smile because it feels so good. Now THAT is a REAL Christian singer!