PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought and thanks

Blackwater
08-14-2016, 11:09 PM
I haven't hung out here in the Chapel since it's inception like some have. Mostly, I was spending my time elsewhere, in search of answers, once I finally found some places where I was actually finding them. Once I had at least something of a working knowledge of how God works and why He works as He does, I found this place. In my mind, it's the perfect place to have found in which to test all the things I'd come to conclude, and it's worked out very well in that respect.

I've learned so much, and refined what I did know before coming here! And it's because we have so many denominations here that I think I've been able to do that. Every Christian needs to broaden his perspective, I think, in order to better understand and appreciate or faith, and work out all the finer details, and renew and expand the basics of our faith.

I came rather late to real appreciation of what our faith really means, and what all it can really do for us. I'd been searching long and hard, but looking in all the wrong places, or looking in the right places before I was ready and prepared to understand what was before me.

And you guys and gals here have been one powerful and very sweet source of my "education." So I just wanted to thank all of you for what you've meant to me. And this ain't no little thing, either! It's been a revelation being here among such great and devout believers, and I've learned much from each of you.

Even those who rarely post, and who have made some short contribution have made me stop and think, and see something from a new perspective I'd never before encountered or noticed. There's not a poster here, I don't believe, who's not meant something to me.

So I just wanted to say a simple "Thanks" to each and every one of you for what you've meant to me. I come from a long line of old Scots, and Scots tend to love to argue, but we're not so hard-headed that we can't learn. We're just not the quickest study available at times. Sometimes, it takes a while for something to sink in, but everybody here has said something to make me think, and to see something I'd never seen before, or see it in a new light I'd never considered before. And any man who does that is my Friend! Always!

So thanks, guys and gals. You've really meant a lot to me, and I'm humbled by all the great knowledge and wisdom here. Maybe one day, I'll have half of what some of you have. But it's a real adventure being among such great folks as we have here in the Chapel, and it's encouraging seeing some newer members posting.

In a world where there's so much squabbling and strife, it's good to see folks willing and able to make contributions here that really matter, even the shortest posts often making me think, and see things. So thanks to those I've learned from, and welcome to all you who've just started posting, and let's hear from you more often. Don't hid your light under a bushel. Jump right in. The water's fine!

Pine Baron
08-15-2016, 08:49 AM
Your welcome, BW, and Thank YOU.
Side by side, arm in arm, together we get it done. All Glory to God.

GhostHawk
08-15-2016, 09:16 AM
Quite welcome good sir.
I too come from predominately old scot's bloodline.

I have been slow to get active here in the chapel but I am working on doing more.

smoked turkey
08-15-2016, 10:08 AM
The hustle and bustle of life gets in the way of us doing the most important things sometimes. It's like the old story of rocks in a jar. I am sure most have heard it, but it bears repeating here. There are bigger rocks, going in size down to small gravel size rocks, then some that are even smaller going down to very small slivers. They will all fit into the jar if put in, in the proper order. If you put in the smaller rocks first there will not be room for the bigger ones. Our life is like that. If we put in the larger, more important things first, followed by the gradually smaller ones, then the smallest, our day will be filled with everything in the proper order. Like prayer and communing with the Lord, and bible study first. Those are the big and most important things. Talk to and listen to the Lord first. This will get your mind going in the right direction for the day. Follow that with dropping by here to chat and commune with the good christian folks on Cast Boolits, THEN going on to where ever we like to spend our free time. In fact, today I had not done what I was saying in this post about first things first. I was convicted. I put this note on pause went and did what I knew to do first. I then came back to the keyboard to finish this note. I wish I could say that I always do this but truth be told I get things out of order in my life from time to time. I think we need to put things in proper order if we are to be salt and light to the world as we should be.

Blackwater
08-15-2016, 11:23 AM
Great analogy, turkey. This site has been both a testing/proving ground for me, and a source of great comraderie with my betters. How else can we best learn than from this type of thing? And its multi-denominational nature makes it more difficult, but that kind'a weeds out and minimizes the differences we will always have in our ranks. It's just the nature of Christianity that we challenge ourselves and each other, so that we CAN learn and discern more and more deeply. And that, for me at least, is the great asset we have here in this rather unique kind of forum. And it's SO heartening to see such great and knowledgeable and poignant posts as we have here. I honestly don't know another place quite like it! And that, and all the guys here, is what makes it really special. We really have a great asset here, and it's really heartening to see more folks posting on more threads! I consider myself something of a lower mid level student of the Bible and theology, and I know I'll make some mistakes and have to wind my way towards greater understanding, but what's life without a challenge now and then? It's why God lets us have the long lives we do, I think. Here I am, 67 years old, and STILL having to learn, and ... really ... enjoying it more than ever! And it's really largely because of you all here. Again, thanks. It matters.

castalott
08-15-2016, 09:25 PM
I seldom look at the gun posts anymore... well not much anyway.... But I check the Chapel several times a day to see what you guys post..... You have my attention....

USMC87
08-16-2016, 08:58 AM
Right here with you all, And I am thankful for you!

claude
08-16-2016, 03:49 PM
Ain't it amazing how by and large denominationalism is absent here, and the only requirement is, that if the Lord accepts you, we do as well. As with others here, this is my "go to" area on the forum, and a second is the swap&sell area. I enjoy the company here, thank you gentlemen, and ladies, I'm sure there are more than a few.

Blackwater
08-16-2016, 04:08 PM
Amen, Claude! Amen! When our eyes are on God and His word, there's a comraderie and spirit that moves me SO much! And it's SO good to see this! It fills my spirit, and gives me hope in this world like nothing else probably could! We may not be the biggest group in the world, but we seem to be a great example of what we Christians CAN do when we focus on the Prize, instead of our differences, and what we can learn when we simply listen to others' comments that challenge us. Would that it could exist moreso in the general public today! And it COULD, if we'd just allow it to!

Wishful thinking? Maybe. But it's true, nevertheless. If we Christians banded together more solidly, we'd be a real force to be reckoned with in almost all the earth. And that ain't no small thing! Lord, let it be so I pray! Amen!

Blackwater
08-16-2016, 04:12 PM
Well, I don't know what I did to mess up the title here, unless it was some inadvertent twitch of the fingers, but I apologize. There's something in my computer and my fingers that isn't playing well together! Sorry, and I don't know how to fix it, but it's no big deal, so I'm just leaving it. Sheesh! This Mod thing if full of surprises!

rl69
08-16-2016, 05:21 PM
At the top of the post you should see thread tools click on that and you should be able to change the title or that's how it works for me anyway