PDA

View Full Version : High standard Mark iv sentinel? Colt diamondback .22lr??

Jim-Bibs
08-14-2016, 10:29 PM
So I have a high standard Mark iv sentinel in 22lr/22mag. It's a 9 shot revolver in sa/da. I know how to remove the cylinder from the frame, however I'm not sure how to break down the cylinder any more. Please help! Also when shooting after shooting half a box of 50 through it, it's almost impossible to remove spent shells. Thoughts suggestions.
Same goes for colt diamondback. It's a 6 shot .22lr. Looks like a baby Python. Lol. How to break down cylinder more than just away from frame? It also is jamming up to where spent shells can't be removed.
My thoughts were to spray brake cleaner but that didn't help around yolk.
Please help!

Piedmont
08-14-2016, 11:18 PM
A combination of a bronze bristle brush (.22 caliber) and solvent will take care of extraction difficulties until the revolver is dirty again. It is easiest to clean after you have done your shooting. If you remember before your next trip to the range wipe out the chambers with a dry q-tip. My M17 S&W and Ruger SP-101 both need this treatment. Some folks ream the chambers larger but I would not do that. Somewhere I read the tight chambers are part of the reason k-22s are so accurate. Both of my "problem .22 revolvers" are extremely accurate.

Artful
08-15-2016, 01:24 AM
Flitz on a cotton mop and polish your chambers will give you more time between cleaning them, but all revolvers reach a point that you have to clean your cylinder.

Check your local library for books on gunsmithing or puchase outright
http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/books-amp-videos/books/handgun-gunsmithing-books/index.htm

Jim-Bibs
08-15-2016, 05:41 PM
With both revolvers, I never had this issue before. I've shot thousands of rounds for each of them.