PDA

View Full Version : My FATHER taught me this,

DCP
08-13-2016, 09:57 PM
My FATHER taught me this, and you must always try to walk this walk. When you fall or fail, and you will, you must pray for forgiveness

The only thing a person can truly keep is his word. Only a man's honor still belongs to him after his death.

When a man breaks his word, he breaks all credibility with that party.

If you say you will do something, you do it.
If you make a date or meeting for five o’clock, you close to that time.
If you make a promise, you keep it.
If you start a project, you finish it.

Men of their word are known to be trusted, superior, and reliable. A man who breaks his word is known to be weak, unreliable, and inferior.

All of your actions have consequences.

Being a man of your word will allow you to rise above your station, to achieve great power, and mastery over others and yourself. It will grant you access to powerful people, and lift you to the realms of epic greatness.

Not only should a man keep his word to others, but keep his word to himself.

Good bye, good luck, and may GOD BLESS

Bzcraig
08-13-2016, 11:44 PM
Great stuff and very true! It also seems qualities seen less frequently as our society moves more and more to everything being 'subjective.' E.g. I was taught a 'half-truth' is a whole lie, not so these days.

labradigger1
08-14-2016, 05:09 AM
Great creed to live by!

Preacher Jim
08-14-2016, 06:15 AM
That was the instruction of a wise man to a beloved son. You are blessed to have had such instruction.
The challenge is to follow it.

Pine Baron
08-14-2016, 06:57 AM
"Not only should a man keep his word to others, but keep his word to himself."
Amen. Can't do one without the other.

w5pv
08-14-2016, 07:03 AM
A mans word is one of his greatest assets live up to it.

buckwheatpaul
08-14-2016, 07:09 AM
DCP, a great post! My father taught me essentially the same thing....he told me:" The only two things you can take out of this world is your good name and what you did or failed to do with it." Thanks for the post....Paul

Blackwater
08-14-2016, 01:39 PM
Amen to all! Great post. Thanks.

USMC87
08-14-2016, 02:03 PM
Great read DCP, If all was taught that we would be a lot better off today!

claude
08-17-2016, 06:26 AM
I will let this be my comment, we do have a marvelous FATHER indeed;

(Psalms 119:97-104) "מ (MEM).O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day. {98} Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. {99} I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation. {100} I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts. {101} I have refrained my feet from every evil way, that I might keep thy word. {102} I have not departed from thy judgments: for thou hast taught me. {103} How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! {104} Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way."