PDA

View Full Version : The C press at Sinclair

Tom W.
08-13-2016, 08:41 PM
Has anyone used the aluminum C press that is sold at Sinclair international? I looked at it, and it looks good, but mighty pricey. I've used the Lee C press before, and other than it feeling a bit wobbly it did o.k. I don't need the Sinclair press, but who knows???? probably will just buy the Lee for what I need, and use my RC II for all the rest.

nicholst55
08-13-2016, 09:27 PM
I'm not a benchrest shooter. With that out of the way, my understanding is that that particular press is intended for use at the range. Brass would normally only be neck sized, and bullets seated. There is normally relatively little neck tension in assembled BR ammo, so it doesn't take a very strong press to assemble BR ammo. I believe I'd talk to the folks a Sinclair about the recommended usage of that press before I plunked my money down on one!

EDG
08-13-2016, 10:05 PM
I have the similar Harrells press and it is only fit for neck sizing and bullet seating. For the most part I have little use for it.

Tom W.
08-14-2016, 05:08 PM
I was thinking maybe sizing cast boolits and perhaps boolit seating. Too expensive for that. Mostly shoot handguns now... plus I have a friend who wants to learn handloading. It won't break the bank if I gave him a Lee C press.

MT Chambers
08-14-2016, 06:12 PM
The press is very light yet precise, just what a precision shooter would want at the range, bullet seating and neck sizing is mostly whats needed, while shooting.