PDA

View Full Version : Excess Rain

Goatwhiskers
08-13-2016, 08:33 PM
Asking for prayer for the many folks affected by the heavy rains in south Louisiana. Streets, subdivisions, and whole communities under water. I-12 east from Baton Rouge closed, troopers telling folks to plan to sleep in their cars tonite. It's like a hurricane without the wind. We're on the NW side of the system so it hasn't been too bad, just some water on roads, none closed. Want terribly to go down and help but the neuropathy keeps me from walking worth a hoot, so prayer is next best. Trying to contact a friend in the city of Central, no luck, most of that town is under. GW

DLCTEX
08-13-2016, 09:25 PM
Praying.

Pine Baron
08-13-2016, 09:26 PM
Heavenly Father, please bring comfort and relief to those affected by the floods in La. Please allow them the strength to persevere and overcome their adversity. In Jesus name. Amen.

Bzcraig
08-13-2016, 09:46 PM
Heavenly Father, please bring comfort and relief to those affected by the floods in La. Please allow them the strength to persevere and overcome their adversity. In Jesus name. Amen.

Amen and Amen!!

rl69
08-13-2016, 09:48 PM
Thank you GW for your post

farmerjim
08-13-2016, 10:19 PM
Thanks Mike, we are isolated in St. Francisville, But mostly OK. Only a few places that are built in locations near creeks that concentrate the water and overflow. We have friends and neighbors that are trying to get home from a 10 day group RV vacation, and can't find a clear route back here. I am on the top of a hill and fine. Pray for the many that are flooded out. This is a record flood, these places have never been under water before. Thank you for your prayers for those affected.

NavyVet1959
08-13-2016, 11:28 PM
Time for a Hurricane Party, but without the hurricane... :)

:drinks:

Drink one for me...

jcren
08-13-2016, 11:31 PM
Prayers sent

Preacher Jim
08-14-2016, 06:31 AM
Lord help these folks in this trial and send workers to help them recover. Protect them from the ones who try to profit from these disasters
Amen

Pine Baron
08-14-2016, 06:48 AM
Lord help these folks in this trial and send workers to help them recover. Protect them from the ones who try to profit from these disasters
Amen
Hadn't even considered the "hyenas". Thank you Jim. Amen

w5pv
08-14-2016, 06:49 AM
We are getting some rain now from the system that is causing the flooding in LA,suppose to be around for the next couple of days.We don't need any flooding have had enough for this year.Water never threaten my place but if the freshwater canal just above my place had got out of banks it would have meant trouble for me.Praying that the divine North winds will blow all of this out into the gulf.

buckwheatpaul
08-14-2016, 07:23 AM
Father, Please come to the aide of those people in Louisiana that are suffering from the excessive rain. Please protect those that are vulnerable and in danger of injury and death. Walk with them and lift them above the rising waters. In Your name I pray. AMEN

Blackwater
08-14-2016, 01:36 PM
Amen. Prayers already sent and will continue. As Yogi said, "It ain't over 'till it's over," and these things have repercussions for quite a while. I have some friends in MS who've been exclaiming for a while on the buildup to all this, so please include those on the MS side, too. This thing has hit an awful lot of folks to varying degrees, and none to the good.

USMC87
08-14-2016, 01:38 PM
Prayers for all affected in the floods.

Goatwhiskers
08-14-2016, 11:01 PM
From what I hear the people are coming out pretty good. Over 7000 displaced. Trouble is the water from the northern areas is coming down and building up with the rainwater in the southern areas. There are areas flooded that have not been under in the memory of any man living. GW

NavyVet1959
08-15-2016, 09:13 PM
http://a57.foxnews.com/www.foxnews.com/images/root_images/0/0/churchflooding660_20160815_191141.jpg

Goatwhiskers
08-15-2016, 10:12 PM
It is humbling to watch how the professional responders, the government agencies, and John Q. Citizens are all pulling together to come out from under this. Materials and supplies, people helping people. I knew my condition wouldn't allow me to go down to help, but I asked the Lord to walk for me to help these people. He has. GW

Pine Baron
08-16-2016, 08:32 AM
Prayers sent for the 11 souls that have been lost.

Half Dog
08-16-2016, 08:42 AM
Thanks for voicing prayers for our brethern. Amen

Blackwater
08-16-2016, 04:52 PM
Prayers continuing. When hurricane Hugo came through in neighboring SC, our local college football team played right through it all! Afterward, my Masonic Lodge got a group of about 12 to 15 together and went over to help in any way we could. Spent the night in the local Lodge on cots and whatever we'd managed to bring with us, and ate and drank as it was available. One of the folks we helped was a very elderly couple who'd stayed because they were afraid of the traffic in the rush to get out, and just rode it out in their small frame house. Both were retired and very modest folks, who simply loved each other. She was in a wheel chair, and it got turned over somehow, and her husband just took the rug and rolled it over them, and they'd rode out the whole length of the rain and wind in that now soaking house, rolled into that rug for cover and what warmth they could retain in it. They had one ramp in the house where she could get outside the house, and the roof over it had fallen in over it, preventing her from being able to get outside the house. We worked most of the day detaching it and stacking it up for the authorities to remove. We plugged up the hole with several layers of plastic affixed to the hole and keeping further rain out, and the man came to us afterward trying to pay us I think it was $50 after, and of course, we turned it all down. The tears of thanks in his eyes were ... well, I don't have the words to express it. He was so thankful, and so surprised we did it all for free, while so many had moved in charging extra high rates for whatever they did!

If you've ever rendered aid in one of these type things, you understand how many stories there are in all this. It's FAR more than we'll EVER be able to realize from the sound bytes on TV! I'm no longer able to do this type thing, but my daughter in law is on one of Ga. Power's teams they send out to aid after catastrophes like this, and has similar stories of her own.

If any of you are situated where you can contribute in these events, you'll take far more out of what you can do to help than you'll ever imagine! And it'll last your whole life long, too. And there are many like the folks we helped above in those situations. The local lodge there knew the place, and directed us to those who needed the help most, and couldn't afford to pay for it, and particularly at the inflated rates that were being charged by the sharks that moved in after the hurricane was over. Local churches, Masonic lodges, and other locals can usually lead you to those who need help the most, and are least able to pay for it, and deserve your help most. If you can get a crew together, you'll find plenty of work, but look at it like a camping trip, and take what you need, including as much water and food as you can take with you. That and a place to sleep as comfortably as possible, and you'll find a real adventure you'll never forget, and PLENTY of folks who need whatever help you have to provide. I just wish I could still offer something substantial in it. Maybe when I get my hips fixed?