PDA

View Full Version : Stampede Bisley

KCSO
05-28-2008, 11:06 AM
I just picked up a new Beretta Stampede in the C/C blued finish. I needed a Bisley to hang on the wall in my office and the Beretta was closest to what I was looking for with it's black plastic grips. Noow that the gun is here i am really impressed with the fit and finish. The guun locks up dead tight and the cylinder mouths are all .452 on the nose. The trigger breaks at 2 3/4 pounds and is crisp and the transfer bar doesnt show when the hammer is down. I have only had a brief chance to shoot the gun but the sights are centered and groups at 25 are hoovering at 2-3" so far with no tuning or load development. All in all the Stamped is a darn fine gun.

Now as to why I have it haning on the wall. In the 1920-30's our Sheriff was Ed McQuistan. His "re-volver" was a 38-40 Colt Bisley with a 5" tube. When he died in 1984 his family sold the gun to a fellow in Colorado. I had spent many an hour fondling that gun when I visited Ed. The gun was in new condition as he kept it in an oily rag in the glove box of his car. He NEVER carried it on him! I have his badge and his sap and I willl hang them in a case with the repro Bisley. Maybe when I am 80 I will spin as big of yarns as Ed did about driving nails with myy BEESLY.