PDA

View Full Version : For thought and meditation

rl69
08-13-2016, 06:41 AM
I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.—Revelation 22:13 (http://harvest.us3.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=4f108f827aed8d503b5fca9fa&id=2fe4f93afe&e=3dd732485b)"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God" (John 1:1–2 KJV).

In the original text, there is not a definite article before the word "beginning," meaning you cannot pinpoint the moment in time where there was a beginning. This verse stretches back in time to eternity past—farther than our minds can imagine.

Before there was a world, before there were planets, before there was light or darkness, before there was matter, before there was anything but the Godhead, there was Jesus.

Jesus Christ: coequal, coeternal, coexistent with the Father and Holy Spirit. He was "with God" and He "was God."

Yet, Jesus did not stay in the safety of heaven. Jesus became "Deity in diapers." He entered our world. He breathed our air. He shared our pain. He walked in our shoes, and then some.

He lived our life and then He died our death.

Jesus did not become identical to us, but He did become identified with us. In fact, He could not have identified with us more closely than He did. It was total identification without any loss of identity, for He became one of us without ceasing to be Himself. He became human without ceasing to be God.

The Bible is clear in pointing out that Jesus Christ was and is God Himself. Even before the creation of the universe, Jesus was always there, as God without beginning or end.
Jesus said of Himself, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last." (Revelation 22:13 (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/x-apple-data-detectors://9) NKJV).

With this in mind, there is no question that Jesus, who is our all-powerful God, can help us in our time of need.

Boaz
08-13-2016, 06:49 AM
Thank you rl69 . He is our all .

buckwheatpaul
08-13-2016, 07:06 AM
rl69 thanks for the meditation thought....I stand in awe of what I have learned in my Bible Study and from the men and women in Our Chapel.....Paul

Pine Baron
08-13-2016, 07:37 AM
Thank you, rl. You know, this is the concept that non-believers have the hardest time understanding or accepting. We are finite creatures and the concept of infinite is beyond our comprehension. Our acceptance of God being infinite is the definition of Faith.

Blackwater
08-13-2016, 11:16 AM
Amen! He's our savior, our friend and our everything. Everything we are or even the fact that we ever could have been, is due to Him. And He is our ultimate judge, in the end. And He's SO forgiving, if we'll just allow Him to be! He requires so little for so much that He's given us! All He seems to want is what's rightfully His - simple acknowledgment, love and appreciation, and that we follow his essentially very simple advice, so that we can be happy in our stay here, and satisfied, no matter what our station in life. Who among us have never observed how some of the happiest people in this world seem to be those who have the least? It's not a contradiction at all, at least relative to God's views. It's only contradictory when judged by the yardstick of the world, where "more is better." But the things of the world will pass away, while the things of God shall not! What a critical difference! We spend our lives seeking after what we cannot keep, while so often ignoring what cannot be lost! And we wonder why we're not "happy?"

Great post, RL! So much contained in it for our thoughts to be occupied with!

Preacher Jim
08-13-2016, 06:27 PM
preach on brother we all need this.

Blackwater
08-14-2016, 02:27 PM
Not preaching. I'm not fit for that. Just an observation and a bit of exclamation about some very simple things that God has allowed me to see. I've been SO dense and my eyes so scaled over for so long, that it's hard not to exclaim a little when I relate things. It's the joy of real knowledge coming out. That's all. And every bit of it comes from others who've taught me, so all credit goes to my betters who've taught me, and to Christ, who allowed me to see it by simply removing the scales from my eyes. Praise be to THEM! Not me. I'm just their student, and that's all I'll ever be.