PDA

View Full Version : Lee pro 1000 parts needed

randyrat
05-27-2008, 10:31 PM
I have the pro 1000 and it's set up with the #1 shell plate(38 spl, 357 mag ect..). I need to set mine up for the 45 acp....Parts needed... #1 shell plate, #2 shell plate carrier, Large primer attachment, Case collator, and the dang plasic tubes are missing, .....Whats the best way to go for me? Do i need to order the shell plate carrier also,or can i just replace the shell plate? Any body have any of these they want to sell. The way the catelog looks i need to use a #2 carrier and i have a #1 Help greatly appreciated

dragonrider
05-27-2008, 10:39 PM
You can replace just the shellplate, but it takes less time to replace the whole carrier with shell plate installed, I suggest you get shellplate and carrier for each caliber.

hunter64
05-28-2008, 07:56 AM
I did as dragonrider commented, I bought a shell plate and carrier for each caliber. I bought lots off of ebay and I also bought a separate die holder for each so you can mount and set up the dies and leave them that way. Now If I want to convert from .44 mag to 9mm , I take the feeding tubes off, unloosen the hex nut on the shell carrier, put a piece of wood under the carrier and dis mount. Unattach powder hopper chain, remove the primer try and pull the carrier out of the machine. I plop the 9 mm carrier in the machine and attach the powder chain and the primer tray. Change the die carrier and install the case feeder tubes and adjust the height to the 9mm case and away I go. I literally can do that in under 5 minutes and no dinking around with adjustments and setting up time.

deboog93
05-28-2008, 03:30 PM
I do not think you can convert a small primer carrier over to a large primer. Lee specifically makes a small primer carrier and a large primer carrier for the two primers. I have switched my 9mm out for .38 special and once the carrier is out side of the press it is really not that hard. Each carrier cost 55.00 dollars from Lee and the plates are only 20 so about half price. Hope this helps you.

:Fire:

sagamore-one
05-28-2008, 04:02 PM
This might be your lucky day Mr. Randy. I have discontinued the use of my pro 1000 and was thinking of parting it out or just selling it all out - right. I have loaded literally tens of thousands of 45 acp on it and am quite tired of rebuilding the silly thing. I have all the parts to load 45 acp and 44 mag. Plus many spare small parts. I wish to keep the dies as they work fine on my new Dillon 550B.
Question is.... wouldn't you be time and money and frustration ahead to just get a 550B ?? The Lee works just dandy if you can figure out the primer feed thing.
Anyway.... if you are interested in working out something... let me know.
By the way... the bee wax was great stuff.

randyrat
05-29-2008, 06:18 AM
I am interested in a 45acp carrier with plate, large primer attachment, Plastice tubes for the empty brass and that Case Collator if you have one. Let me know if you decide something. BTW i sent you a PM Also

dragonrider
05-29-2008, 12:00 PM
The carriers are not primer specific, they can be changed from large to small.

RFWobbly
05-29-2008, 10:05 PM
I happen to have a PDF of the original Lee Pro-1000 instructions that show how to swap all that stuff out. If anyone needs it, just drop me a PM with your private email address.

msp2640
06-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Not to hi-jack the thread - If your left with the stripped down press frame after you work something out with Randy - I'd be interested. I've been swapping back and forth between carriers for far too long and don't need to buy a whole press. I've sent a PM as well thanks for your time - Bill

lonewolf5347
06-01-2008, 09:19 PM
I have the part you are looking for if interested I can send you a picture to be sure it all there maybe we can swap it for something
I see you may have something in the works with sagamore then just disregard the reply

randyrat
06-03-2008, 06:43 AM
This might be your lucky day Mr. Randy. I have discontinued the use of my pro 1000 and was thinking of parting it out or just selling it all out - right. I have loaded literally tens of thousands of 45 acp on it and am quite tired of rebuilding the silly thing. I have all the parts to load 45 acp and 44 mag. Plus many spare small parts. I wish to keep the dies as they work fine on my new Dillon 550B.
Question is.... wouldn't you be time and money and frustration ahead to just get a 550B ?? The Lee works just dandy if you can figure out the primer feed thing.
Anyway.... if you are interested in working out something... let me know.
By the way... the bee wax was great stuff.
I got the parts in the mail yesterday,THANKS... I still need a few more to get things running. Glad i have a spare press to keep me in bullets. I'll have to send you some brass....The carrier looks fine. After thousands of rounds thru it, it still looks good. "If you got the $$ go Blue or do as i do" Someday i'm going Blue also.

TexasJeff
06-07-2008, 10:45 AM

Actually, I just got rid of my 550B and kept my Pro1000.

Had more trouble with that 550 and it spent too much time traveling back and forth to Arizona. The Dillon folks were nice as hell each and every time, but I've never needed so much "No BS Warranty and Great Customer Service" with RCBS, Hornady or Lee.

Not knocking Dillon--should've got the 650 when I bought the 550 way back when. It's just that I simply do not like the 550--it's not a true progressive, but too cantankerous to be a single stage, etc etc.

I'm probably going to replac eit with a Lee Classic Turret for my .223 and 7.62x39 and maybe 45 ACP loading.

Know a lot of folks who have the 550 and are in hog heaven with it. It just wasn't for me. The Pro1000 spoiled me to case feeders and auto-indexing. I slicked up the primer feed and never had any more problems with it.

Jeff

ForneyRider
06-08-2008, 11:58 AM
I started with the Pro 1000 kit for 41 magnum (#9 shellplate).

I bought #2 shellplate (45ACP, 308 Win), 2 extra turrets, small case feeder, rifle case feeder. I just swap the shellplates and turret out.

Buying an extra Auto Disk would make a slicker setup like the Dillon and other high-end presses.

I do 45ACP and .22-250 with the Pro 1000 as well. These are all large primers and large case. Eventually want to do .380, .223, 9mm, and 40S&W, so I will want to swap shellplate assemblies.