PDA

View Full Version : Shipping bayonets

GOPHER SLAYER
08-10-2016, 03:22 PM
Have any of you guys shipped a bayonet? I have some Enfield bayonets I was thinking of selling and they look as though they would be rather difficult to package & ship.

slim1836
08-10-2016, 04:15 PM
Cardboard shipping tube with proper packing?

Slim

OS OK
08-10-2016, 04:20 PM
Slip the blades into a piece of PVC, tape it to the handle...pack it correctly in any box it fits.

bedbugbilly
08-10-2016, 06:26 PM
Foa a buoyant with a knife blade - I make a heavy cardboard sheath out of scrap cardboard - wrap entire bayonet in bubble wrap and ship in one of the USPS triangular cardboard boxes. Triangular blades such as socket bayonets - I usually slide the blade into a piece of PVC pipe, wrap in bubble wrap and then ship in the triangular box. If they are in a scabbard, wrap in bubble wrap as well. Not really much to it - package well - use common sense and make sure box is well taped.

Gtek
08-10-2016, 06:43 PM
And PLEASE TAPE ALL edges of cardboard triangle boxes from USPS, that means even the long sides. Please don't ask, my BP spikes every time I think about it!

DerekP Houston
08-10-2016, 07:29 PM
And PLEASE TAPE ALL edges of cardboard triangle boxes from USPS, that means even the long sides. Please don't ask, my BP spikes every time I think about it!

NEVER! I marked it with the french word "fragile"

Pumpkinheaver
08-10-2016, 07:38 PM
I shipped a Nazi SA dagger a few years ago. I just wrapped the heck out of it with newspaper and then packing tape then put it in a box that it fit and stuffed it with more newspaper and wrapped the whole box with more packing tape. I insured the package for twice the value.

Adam Helmer
08-11-2016, 09:27 AM
Bayonets are mailable matter so long as they are properly packaged. If they are in scabbards, a strong cardboard box and bubble wrap or newspapers will do. Spike bayonets or blade bayonets without scabbards require more care as previous posters covered well.

Adam