PDA

View Full Version : How are these old Super single stage presses?

NyFirefighter357
08-09-2016, 11:58 PM
I use a Lee 4 hole turret but I'm looking to add a single stage for decapping before wet tumble my brass. They come with the shell holders, he has a bunch more stuff there as well, I'm thinking of trying to pick them up in a package deal. What do you think?

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/spo/5665115673.html

VHoward
08-10-2016, 12:26 AM
Could be you start for collecting vintage reloading equipment. Seems like a fair price to me.

Bent Ramrod
08-10-2016, 12:47 AM
They seem to have functional priming setups, which add to the completeness. Whether they add to the value, outside collection value, is up to you, since most people prime by hand any more. The 12 shell holders are another thing you won't have to buy extra.

Those Supers are good presses; I used one for several years. A package deal for $90 for both, with all the associated extras, wouldn't be a bad price.

salpal48
08-10-2016, 08:42 AM
They are Great machine.. A face to Face meeting is the best way to dicker. . I.m sure you can skin $20-25 off.
better hurry , I,m not to Far from Hopewell J .

mdi
08-10-2016, 12:28 PM
I have used "old"C frame presses and when looking at buying one, consider the ram to frame wear. A worn frame (and those don't look like they have any preventative maintenance) will need guiding the scase into the die (BTDT). A sloppy fit between frame/ram and the alignment can be a problem. It will still work OK, you may need to guide/aim the case up into the die, and for anything less than benchrest rifle reloading, I'd buy one...

seagiant
08-10-2016, 03:45 PM
Hi,
The primer feeds on those presses are worth what he's askin!

A steal! They would already be on my bench!!!