PDA

View Full Version : Borrower Defense to Repayment Regulations

popper
08-09-2016, 01:30 PM
http://cnsnews.com/commentary/phil-kerpen/fed-set-unload-explosive-student-loan-rule-will-dump-billions-taxpayers
Not only does the Fed control student loans but now they are going to forgo repayment so the taxpayer foots the bill.
Got an email from my brother today, his wife is in hospice due to MDS. Took her off her meds except pain killer.

Blackwater
08-09-2016, 06:35 PM
Popper, this isn't the Chapel, but she's in my prayers anyway. And the rest of the family too. These situations affect the whole family.

xs11jack
08-09-2016, 07:38 PM
I don't know what MDS is but she has my prayers.
Ole Jack

dragon813gt
08-09-2016, 08:16 PM
The quickest way to bring down the cost of college is to have the government stop backing loans. When no one can afford it they will bring the price to a reasonable level where it should be.

Everything, and I mean everything, has a breaking point. The burning question is at what point do American citizens break?

Johnch
08-09-2016, 09:32 PM
IMO the wrong thing to have them do
I repaid my student loans early
Sure I was working 2 jobs at the time
But I felt it was MY job to pay back the $$

BTW I hope your sister in law the best
I feel they are doing the best thing , not pumping drugs into her

John

Fishman
08-09-2016, 11:45 PM
The quickest way to bring down the cost of college is to have the government stop backing loans. When no one can afford it they will bring the price to a reasonable level where it should be.

Everything, and I mean everything, has a breaking point. The burning question is at what point do American citizens break?

Agreed. With loans available to all, there is no downward pressure on costs.

MaryB
08-10-2016, 12:00 AM
Yet I have been disabled for 10 years and SS moves at such a glacier pace that I can't get the documentation needed to discharge my student loans...

44man
08-10-2016, 10:12 AM
You must pay your bills, period. I am poor with SS but owe nothing. I made sure my home was paid off before retiring. We pay bills without credit.
I payed into SS all my life and it is NOT a free benefit. If you go to collage to get a degree that does not help you work for a living, pay for it.
I learned auto mechanics in high school and I know more then a collage graduate.
I have neighbors that suck from the system and consider themselves over qualified to work any job. Liberal arts--WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? Turns a person into a demoncrat. Take my tax money.
But Mary, if you paid into SS, you are entitled to what you need. You play hell getting benefits because demoncrats would rather give your money to illegals for votes.
Go to any store and watch SNAP cards used for steaks we can't afford. Carol watches meat piled in carts that we can't touch, usually by a woman so fat she has to go sideways.
Maybe I am harsh but student loans are not my responsibility.
I took a course on TV and radio repair, paid up front and made a ton of money until electronics got ahead of me. I paid my way. I do not believe a college graduate is smart. Most are indoctrinated to the liberal side.
You are entitled if you paid but they consider your money is not yours any more. Learn Spanish.

tja6435
08-10-2016, 02:34 PM
Taxpayers also pay for the USPS to continue operations, we pay for GM to stay out of bankruptcy. We pay for Puerto Rico's self induced debt burden they cannot pay. How long before the tit dries up?

popper
08-10-2016, 03:01 PM
Not much longer.

popper
08-10-2016, 09:58 PM
Thanks guys, just been on my heart lately. MDS is when the body stops making blood cells.