PDA

View Full Version : Verse 8/9

DerekP Houston
08-09-2016, 07:46 AM
Corinthians 1

4 I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus.
5 For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge—
6God thus confirming our testimony about Christ among you.
7 Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed.
8 He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.

10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.

Pine Baron
08-09-2016, 07:53 AM
Thank you, Derek. Verse 10 is especially relevant.

square butte
08-09-2016, 07:57 AM
Good stuff Derek - I agree about verse 10

Blackwater
08-09-2016, 12:37 PM
Amen, Derek! Amen!!! And especially as to verse 10. It's probably a pipedream today, with so many divisions among the different denominations, and so much willfulness among us, but it's still as valid as when Paul wrote it. How often I thank God for Paul, whose words are today as relevant and applicable today as the day, long ago, when he wrote them!

Preacher Jim
08-09-2016, 01:20 PM
now if we could just manage to put verse 10 in practice in the pit and peace would prevail
good post Derek

Boaz
08-09-2016, 06:55 PM
Thank you Derek ! I agree Jim , seeing Christians argue is the worst . We have too much common ground for that .