PDA

View Full Version : Why do you come here ?

Boaz
08-08-2016, 10:11 PM
I don't doubt anyone's faith or intentions in coming to this Chapel . Members come strictly on a voluntary basis , no one is or could be made to .

I come because it's a place to pray to and praise our Lord . I like the people here , have gotten to know quite a few on a one to one basis . The willingness to pray for another is great here , all are equal , generosity is strong , good will abounds . New people or infrequent posters are always welcome here . We share the same GOD and enjoy the fellowship of one another building each other up through worshiping him.

This place is open for all to speak , share , seek help or friendship through the commonality of our devotion to the one true living GOD .

rancher1913
08-08-2016, 10:24 PM
I come to hear about your and becky's escapades :razz:

Preacher Jim
08-08-2016, 10:27 PM
I come here because I enjoy the fellowship and opportunities to pray and share prayer needs with those who will pray regularly. I believe prayer is the most important time we have with the father.
The folks here pray because the results prove it.

bubba.50
08-08-2016, 10:34 PM
I'm not a very religious person by y'all's standards. I've always been more of a spiritual person. probably more in line with some of the native tribes. I always got a lot of peace out the couple hours spent in The House on Sundays so, when I found one I liked, I semi-regularly attended church. but I haven't been in a couple years. I know yer 'sposed to go "for the word" and not for the speaker of it but if the preacher can't hold my interest I can't stay. church my wife & kids went to for years the preacher was so monotonous & borin' his voice could peel paint. I never woulda made it there. but then he was replaced by a good one who knew how to get-r-done & make it lively, personal & interestin'. I rarely missed a Sunday while he was there(unless the Packers were playin'). but then he went back to wherever his wife was from to help take care of her parents. he was replaced by a two-faced glad-hander who was all "how ya doin'? good to see ya" on Sunday but would cut his eyes to act like he didn't see ya if ya saw him in town somewhere.

so now, I can just look here & get a bit of that peace & fortitude and just go on about the business of livin'.

sorry for the ramble & y'all have a good'en, bubba.

Blackwater
08-09-2016, 06:46 AM
For me, we've been told to gather ourselves together among like-minded believers, and there's no better group of believers I've found than right here. We have our differences, but that's a big asset to me. Keeps me thinking and reconsidering and learning. It's not PC to talk about "religion" and so, it's really hard to find anywhere you CAN talk about it all. I also like the coming together of all denominations into a single unit like we have here. Some seem to get offended when someone expresses a tenet or belief that differs from their own, but that's not what Christ would have us do, I don't believe. What could be more edifying than those with a different perspective on it all? I've long seen God as something like a huge, massive diamond, and none of us gets to see all of Him. All we CAN see is certain areas of Him, and getting input from others who disagree brings me more light, keeps challenging me, and hopefully, helps me grow. It's just plain the best bunch of believers on the 'net, IMO.

BUCKEYE BANDIT
08-09-2016, 07:24 AM
I come here for Boaz's vast wisdom and wit,and agree with Bubba.50 on brick and mortar churches and preachers:bigsmyl2:.
I'm not a very religious person by y'all's standards. I've always been more of a spiritual person. probably more in line with some of the native tribes. I always got a lot of peace out the couple hours spent in The House on Sundays so, when I found one I liked, I semi-regularly attended church. but I haven't been in a couple years. I know yer 'sposed to go "for the word" and not for the speaker of it but if the preacher can't hold my interest I can't stay. church my wife & kids went to for years the preacher was so monotonous & borin' his voice could peel paint. I never woulda made it there. but then he was replaced by a good one who knew how to get-r-done & make it lively, personal & interestin'. I rarely missed a Sunday while he was there(unless the Packers were playin'). but then he went back to wherever his wife was from to help take care of her parents. he was replaced by a two-faced glad-hander who was all "how ya doin'? good to see ya" on Sunday but would cut his eyes to act like he didn't see ya if ya saw him in town somewhere.

so now, I can just look here & get a bit of that peace & fortitude and just go on about the business of livin'.

Pine Baron
08-09-2016, 08:02 AM
+3 with Bubba and Buckeye on the churches and preachers. I come here to 'drink from the well", offer/ receive support through prayer and fellowship. Also I get to poke ole "porkbutt". [smilie=s:

GhostHawk
08-09-2016, 08:20 AM
I come here because ever since he got me back in his fold he has been asking me to "tell the story"

I really don't feel comfortable walking up to strangers and sharing the word of god. At least not yet I don't.

However here I feel like I am surrounded by brothers. We have things in common, we enjoy casting, shooting, and our faith.

So here it is easy for me to take those first steps.

As for the Church, well I honestly feel it is time for Jesus to come down in righteous anger and sweep them clean again. In my own case I had a series of issues with Pastors in our small Northern Minnesota community. But the issue that sent me out wandering in the wilderness for 40 years was the United Methodist church to which I belonged, and tithed. Was sending money to the national church which was spending that money to promote gun control. And also incidentally supporting terrorism.

And when I confronted him about it he was proud of it, gloated over it.
It did not help that the same Pastor told me that my gift of Dowsing which I had only used to help others was sent by the devil to lead me astray. Uhuh, try to sell me something else brother, ain't buying that one.

Sorry brothers but in my 60 + years on this ball I have yet to see the devil give anything away for free, much less something that helps others. I do not use it for myself, or to build myself up, or make me look like I am something I am not. Second I try that act with dowsing it quits entire and does not come back until you get your head on straight.

Wow, I have waited 40 years to tell that story and I probably did a poor job of it. Feels good to get that **** out of there.

Lord I await your return, I listen for your trumps. Until then you will find me often here, listening, caring, and sharing.

Pine Baron
08-09-2016, 08:32 AM
Thank you Ghost, you are truly blessed.
Mark 11:22-25
And Jesus answered them, “Have faith in God. Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.”

trails4u
08-09-2016, 08:58 AM
I come here for a reprieve....kinda selfish I guess, but I find fresh air in The Chapel. I find supporting, kind words, and I find perfect strangers willing to lift me and my family up in prayer. The world is crazy.... Life is hard. There is pain. There is financial stress. I spend a lot of my time on this website in the capacity of a 'Vendor'. Not because I want to...but because my family has a need of me to make ends meet, where my 'day job' does not always provide all this is needed.

I wish I could give more (materially) here. I find some cool stuff sometimes, and offer it to sell. I wish I could let George have his way with it. I guess popping in here from time to time to offer some prayer, occasionally offer some small financial support to a member in greater need than I, or just to say...'hey, I've been through that'...and you're going to be OK. Or to hear those words from others. It brings me peace....and a sense of balance in my time here.

God Speed.

Trails.

Boaz
08-09-2016, 06:36 PM
I come to hear about your and becky's escapades :razz:

DANG ! rancher1913 you need to get a life man ! We live a pretty boring lifestyle . lol

Boaz
08-09-2016, 06:37 PM
I come here because ever since he got me back in his fold he has been asking me to "tell the story"

I really don't feel comfortable walking up to strangers and sharing the word of god. At least not yet I don't.

However here I feel like I am surrounded by brothers. We have things in common, we enjoy casting, shooting, and our faith.

So here it is easy for me to take those first steps.

As for the Church, well I honestly feel it is time for Jesus to come down in righteous anger and sweep them clean again. In my own case I had a series of issues with Pastors in our small Northern Minnesota community. But the issue that sent me out wandering in the wilderness for 40 years was the United Methodist church to which I belonged, and tithed. Was sending money to the national church which was spending that money to promote gun control. And also incidentally supporting terrorism.

And when I confronted him about it he was proud of it, gloated over it.
It did not help that the same Pastor told me that my gift of Dowsing which I had only used to help others was sent by the devil to lead me astray. Uhuh, try to sell me something else brother, ain't buying that one.

Sorry brothers but in my 60 + years on this ball I have yet to see the devil give anything away for free, much less something that helps others. I do not use it for myself, or to build myself up, or make me look like I am something I am not. Second I try that act with dowsing it quits entire and does not come back until you get your head on straight.

Wow, I have waited 40 years to tell that story and I probably did a poor job of it. Feels good to get that **** out of there.

Lord I await your return, I listen for your trumps. Until then you will find me often here, listening, caring, and sharing.

Thank you .

Boaz
08-09-2016, 06:43 PM
I come here for Boaz's vast wisdom and wit,and agree with Bubba.50 on brick and mortar churches and preachers:bigsmyl2:.

Vast wisdom and wit ? ................................uhh ...........Hey Buckeye Bandit can you spot me $20.00 till next month ? I'll pay ya back double when I get it !

Boaz
08-09-2016, 06:46 PM
I come here for a reprieve....kinda selfish I guess, but I find fresh air in The Chapel. I find supporting, kind words, and I find perfect strangers willing to lift me and my family up in prayer. The world is crazy.... Life is hard. There is pain. There is financial stress. I spend a lot of my time on this website in the capacity of a 'Vendor'. Not because I want to...but because my family has a need of me to make ends meet, where my 'day job' does not always provide all this is needed.

I wish I could give more (materially) here. I find some cool stuff sometimes, and offer it to sell. I wish I could let George have his way with it. I guess popping in here from time to time to offer some prayer, occasionally offer some small financial support to a member in greater need than I, or just to say...'hey, I've been through that'...and you're going to be OK. Or to hear those words from others. It brings me peace....and a sense of balance in my time here.

God Speed.

Trails.

Thank you for your post .

Boaz
08-09-2016, 06:51 PM

Just glad your here .

Preacher Jim
08-09-2016, 07:08 PM
I am going to shock a bunch of you brick and mortar dislikes, I don't like religion. The only things I do religiously are my morning coffee, my quiet time to pray and study, and take a shower. I am not religious I am a Christian I have a relationship with the Father by the blood his Son shed for my sins. When the Lord called me to the ministry I wore two shoulder holsters and lived by them. I knew nothing about the Bible so He sent me to seminary. I serve Him because He loved me when I was the meanest cuss around and nobody else could. I was borned again in to the kingdom and I serve a risen Savior.

slim1836
08-09-2016, 07:14 PM
To me it's all about spreading the word, and I thank all of you who contribute.

Slim

victorfox
08-09-2016, 07:28 PM
I come here to read about good people talking about Our Lord Jesus Christ. I'm a sinner and unworthy of God's mercy and blessings, but He gives me more than I deserve of it. Amen. May He bless you all.

Preacher Jim
08-09-2016, 07:35 PM
Victor fox if the Lord could reach me you are a piece of cake just ask him to come into your heart and be your savior

bangerjim
08-09-2016, 07:44 PM
I read threads here becase I access ALL the threads posted on this fourm at least 4 times a day. I know some only check in once a lifetime or so!!!!! If there is something interesting I follow the thread.

I do not go out of my way or "belong" to certain threads. I am a equal opporunity reader!

If it sounds like something I am interested in, I read it and comment if I have an opinion or knowledge to share.

Whether it is lead alloys, powder coating, powder loads, or the Lord working in mysterious ways, I read it. All the same to me.

I get my religion from my Sunday go-to-meetin' experiences and playing in my church praise bands, not from a gun loading forum.

banger

Boaz
08-09-2016, 07:45 PM
I come here to read about good people talking about Our Lord Jesus Christ. I'm a sinner and unworthy of God's mercy and blessings, but He gives me more than I deserve of it. Amen. May He bless you all.

Thank you for your testimony . Admission , praise , conviction . You are part of the 'all' here .Thank you . If we simply help one another through this fallen world loving Jesus Christ we are on the right path . Love thy neighbor .

trails4u
08-09-2016, 08:09 PM
I am going to shock a bunch of you brick and mortar dislikes, I don't like religion. The only things I do religiously are my morning coffee, my quiet time to pray and study, and take a shower. I am not religious I am a Christian I have a relationship with the Father by the blood his Son shed for my sins. When the Lord called me to the ministry I wore two shoulder holsters and lived by them. I knew nothing about the Bible so He sent me to seminary. I serve Him because He loved me when I was the meanest cuss around and nobody else could. I was borned again in to the kingdom and I serve a risen Savior.

Powerful, Brother!

victorfox
08-09-2016, 08:16 PM
Victor fox if the Lord could reach me you are a piece of cake just ask him to come into your heart and be your savior

He is already my Lord and Savior, brother! But we are weak and foul mannered critters that are constantly doing things He dislikes...

victorfox
08-09-2016, 08:21 PM
Thank you for your testimony . Admission , praise , conviction . You are part of the 'all' here .Thank you . If we simply help one another through this fallen world loving Jesus Christ we are on the right path . Love thy neighbor .

Amen. He knows how hard it is at times and how we end up saying and doing things He told us not to... But His Spirit makes us feel bad about it later and repent of our ways.

GhostHawk
08-09-2016, 08:35 PM
Preacher Jim thank you sir.

While I may have issues with the church and what mankind has done to it.
I have been finding that if I start and end my day thinking of him, listening to some good gospel music, or in prayer that life just seems to go smoother. There are no issues, there are no arguments, there is peace like a river flowing through this house.

I believe that man has screwed religion to the point I am not sure it can be saved.

I also believe that a lot of people are going to be very surprised when the last trump sounds and they are not whisked away to heaven.

Meantime I'll keep coming here, keep thinking about HIM, and my faith, and doing the best I can to be ready.

DerekP Houston
08-09-2016, 09:14 PM
Meantime I'll keep coming here, keep thinking about HIM, and my faith, and doing the best I can to be ready.

That's all i'm doing as well....

USMC87
08-09-2016, 09:34 PM
I come to the Chapel for one to honor and praise GOD by sharing in His greatness by praying for one another, This is the place on line where I can share my burdens or praises with like minded Christians. I come here to draw strength from my brethren and to uplift those who are down trodden. I come here to show and receive love as by this all men will know we are Christs disciples. I come here at times just to read replies and see how others are striving in this present evil world. I am so thankful for this Chapel that GOD has provided!

Boaz
08-09-2016, 10:29 PM
Many good posts here , many glorifying our Lord , part of the reason each of us is drawn to this place . This is a safe place to do these things , others want to hear you . Shared experience , shared lives , sharing GOD ! There are actually people here that CARE , caring is almost dead . I have tried to teach my children you can't accomplish anything and get it right unless you care. How many places do you have to go where others actually care about you ? I feel many are afraid to post here but feel they will say the wrong thing or don't have the bible memorized . Heck ! We are just trying to learn and enjoy doing it as it should be . I'm always praying for the ones lurking to come on in .
Praise GOD
Boaz

Blackwater
08-10-2016, 06:30 AM
Excellent prayer, Boaz! Most Christians really just haven't developed their faith fully yet, and we're indeed ALL of us works in progress, and we all fall short at times and in various ways. But we're all still Christians, just at various stages of development, and with our own various missions in this life. Christianity is just like any large group - it takes all kinds for us to have the right "tools" to accomplish God's will overall, and each of us has a place in that, and certain talents and tasks we perform.

One very dear friend of mine is 74 and fighting cancer and several other problems, like artery disease. He has for years now, been constantly working for others he knows and loves, and who can use his skills as a mechanic and all around fix-it guy. He does it all for free, and for the simple pleasure of utilizing his great talents to help folks. He's one of those old-style mechanics that can listen to a motor and tell you what's wrong and he knows what to do to make it right. He's a virtual savant! But God uses him almost daily to achieve His wonderful will.

Everyone here, whether they post or not, has his or her place in God's grand scheme of things. But it really would be nice to at least have them introduce themselves, and let us know what they think of what we're doing here, and trying to do. And EVERYONE has something to contribute here, I think, even if it's only an "Amen." It ALL matters, and all denominations are welcome, completely. Thanks, Boaz, for pointing this out to us and inviting the lurkers in. The more the merrier! And I've never met another Christian who I couldn't learn something from.

Boaz
08-10-2016, 07:03 AM
The last part of Blackwater's post is verification and truth ;

Everyone here, whether they post or not, has his or her place in God's grand scheme of things. But it really would be nice to at least have them introduce themselves, and let us know what they think of what we're doing here, and trying to do. And EVERYONE has something to contribute here, I think, even if it's only an "Amen." It ALL matters, and all denominations are welcome, completely. Thanks, Boaz, for pointing this out to us and inviting the lurkers in. The more the merrier! And I've never met another Christian who I couldn't learn something from.

You will never be tested here , our bible tells us to gather and share our faith and love of GOD . It tells us to admit our failings which are many .
To admit a failing is the fist step in resolving it . We all fail , we all falter . The others here know and understand , it is a shared experience . All here understand it as a strength and not a weakness . It provides opportunity to help , pray , share .
I'm one of the less intelligent here , lol I mention it often and my failings are regular but nothing except encouragement has been given me in response .

Boaz
08-10-2016, 11:59 AM
+3 with Bubba and Buckeye on the churches and preachers. I come here to 'drink from the well", offer/ receive support through prayer and fellowship. Also I get to poke ole "porkbutt". [smilie=s:

I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK ! Stay after me with no let up please ! The diet ain't goin that great , thought the hot weather would be a good deal for the weight loss but keep having dizzy spells if I don't eat and drink enough . Haven't gained any back but really disappointed in the 'break even' place I'm at . Thank you for that ..PORK BUTT !

DerekP Houston
08-10-2016, 12:11 PM
I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK ! Stay after me with no let up please ! The diet ain't goin that great , thought the hot weather would be a good deal for the weight loss but keep having dizzy spells if I don't eat and drink enough . Haven't gained any back but really disappointed in the 'break even' place I'm at . Thank you for that ..PORK BUTT !

My best friend just had gastric surgery and is facing that same "plateau" of weightloss you are at. Due to his rapid losses from surgery and limited diet he is stuck at home with low blood pressure and dizzy spells......stay healthy and keep at it Boaz!

castalott
08-10-2016, 08:51 PM
I come here as a duty to the Lord and to you. It is a duty i happened to like but no one knows how long they may do it.

The Bible says strengthen your Brethren.. I try but being the worst of bad examples makes it double hard. I always try to pull us together instead of apart. I use quotes because i like them and the quotes can say so much more than I can.

I try to use short to the point posts ( my wonderful English teacher said he would charge me $1 for each extra word I used in school and all I had was lunch money- $0.35... Bless You Mr Smith!!!!)

If I am ever accused of being a Christian I hope there is enough evidence to convict me... Maybe these posts will help....

Let us be Always Faithful.....

WRideout
08-10-2016, 09:07 PM
Although I am a seminary graduate, I am not a pastor, and might not ever be one. Still, I get to fill the pulpit sometimes at my church of membership, which is a great blessing. I came to this forum, because someone asked me to pray for them. After a time, I saw this as another avenue to serve. I am just grateful that my words can be seen by so many people; I cannot stop myself from sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ.

Wayne

Boaz
08-11-2016, 06:31 AM
Although I am a seminary graduate, I am not a pastor, and might not ever be one. Still, I get to fill the pulpit sometimes at my church of membership, which is a great blessing. I came to this forum, because someone asked me to pray for them. After a time, I saw this as another avenue to serve. I am just grateful that my words can be seen by so many people; I cannot stop myself from sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ.

Wayne

You put up good posts Wayne , the lessons and encouragement are seen and taken . If you pursue the ministry I feel you will do well . Your experience , knowledge and teaching show in those posts . GOD has gifted you , he will lead . Thank you

Boaz
08-11-2016, 06:44 AM
I come here as a duty to the Lord and to you. It is a duty i happened to like but no one knows how long they may do it.

The Bible says strengthen your Brethren.. I try but being the worst of bad examples makes it double hard. I always try to pull us together instead of apart. I use quotes because i like them and the quotes can say so much more than I can.

I try to use short to the point posts ( my wonderful English teacher said he would charge me $1 for each extra word I used in school and all I had was lunch money- $0.35... Bless You Mr Smith!!!!)

If I am ever accused of being a Christian I hope there is enough evidence to convict me... Maybe these posts will help....

Let us be Always Faithful.....

My style of posting by choice is similar , but in my case probably due to less intellectual capacity and the fact that I type with one finger . Making a long post is a time consuming mind challenging journey considering those factors . I prefer to make simple statements but oft times it just doesn't leave room for response .
In honesty I say you do well with your words and you are faithful to follow up . I know your heart is right .

castalott
08-11-2016, 08:08 AM
Thank You Boaz.... A compliment of the highest order...

ASM826
08-19-2016, 08:24 PM
I joined the forum for the knowledge base. When I started casting, I was in need of trained help, and I found it here. I stayed because of the community. It's like I'm listening to friends at my local club. This sub-forum, The Chapel, started to get my attention when posts in the main forum referred to it. Then my 30 year old son committed suicide last November. I have a good life, a good marriage, a lot of blessings, but this loss was and continues to be a great challenge. It's a special place to come and talk to other shooters, other men, other people that see the world more the way I do. I don't need platitudes, rainbows, and unicorns. I understand how the world is, that faith takes courage, and that God may be there for me and with me, but He doesn't just fix everything. I come here because none of us do this alone.

Boaz
08-19-2016, 08:57 PM
I joined the forum for the knowledge base. When I started casting, I was in need of trained help, and I found it here. I stayed because of the community. It's like I'm listening to friends at my local club. This sub-forum, The Chapel, started to get my attention when posts in the main forum referred to it. Then my 30 year old son committed suicide last November. I have a good life, a good marriage, a lot of blessings, but this loss was and continues to be a great challenge. It's a special place to come and talk to other shooters, other men, other people that see the world more the way I do. I don't need platitudes, rainbows, and unicorns. I understand how the world is, that faith takes courage, and that God may be there for me and with me, but He doesn't just fix everything. I come here because none of us do this alone.

I thank you for the kind words about this forum which you are a part . I remember you mentioning your son , I do not pretend to know your pain but wish I could share it to lessen the burden brother . You have experienced that many just don't know what to say , afraid they will say the wrong words . You are my brother and I love you . I will pray for you and your family . GOD can give comfort and ease pain of loss , that I know . You will be in my prayers . When your able come and spend time here , you are not alone .
Charlie

GhostHawk
08-19-2016, 10:51 PM
ASM826 thank you for sharing sir.

We all carry burdens of one sort or another.

Pine Baron
08-19-2016, 10:59 PM
Thank you ASM826. I share your grief. Boaz is right. You are NOT alone.

pmer
08-20-2016, 08:48 AM
I should come to the Chapel more than I have been lately. Sometimes I'm not prepared to read what the members of this community are going through and pray for help they need without posting. I know prayer is the life line to our living God and I can feel something special when you all are praying for me. Oops I accidently hit the post button. When my mother was passing away I mentioned it here and was reading that thread to my father, he being in his early 90's and having no use for a computer had no idea how these things can be used to offer comfort, help and healing from such pure places of the heart. It's truly a blessing to have a place on the internet that is used for good and not just the old nature that leads to separation form God. What's really great is seeing the folks discovering or rediscovering their faith and finding a path from death to the eternal light of God.

claude
08-20-2016, 07:09 PM
I'm frankly unsure why I came here because I abhor "religion" and the things done to the Word of God by the traditions of men. I have found this to be a pretty much non denominational site focused on The Word, and by and large free of the petty little "you have to do this's, and you can't do that's" that plague main stream religion, and shackle men rather than free them.

I haven't stepped into a "house of god" since 1996, and don't plan to, yet I am in church every day, because Christianity is not a religion, it is a way of life.

As for the Chapel, until I wear out my welcome, I'll stick around.

claude

Blackwater
08-21-2016, 03:29 PM
Good to have you here, Claude. I always look forward to your posts. Churches are great and necessary, but all too often, they do indeed retard our efforts to know God more closely, and too often have canned answers that many never seem to go beyond or even allow to be questioned. Christ instructed us to question everything, and keep what was right and proven, and he said if we truly sought, we'd find. Personally, I've always found man's instruction to fall far short of the Word, and I was frequently turned away when I had tough questions to ask with vague and obvious avoidance comments. But some seek in spite of all the encouragement and excuses we tend to be offered. It's been a long, ofter tiresome road, but real thirst can never really be quenched unless and until we find the True Water.

That's tough, and doesn't come quickly nor easily, but if we keep our eyes open and focus on the Master, He'll sooner or later give us the sight we need to understand more than we even asked for. And the more I've seen, the more humble it tends to make me, and the more I've come to understand, the more thankful and appreciative I've become.

Some don't like some things I have to say, because they find it leads them to places where they feel uncomfortable or something, but I can't just spout the conventional stuff just because it pleases others. I have to say what I've come to understand, in hopes that if it's wrong, someone will show me what's right, and if right, maybe someone might find it edifying for their own selves. As far as I can see it, that's what we're supposed to do, and how we're supposed to learn. Just challenging a belief doesn't mean we don't believe it. It just means that we're trying to prove it. But some seem to regard it as an affront, when it's certainly not meant to be that way. I regret offending anyone, but I can't let that stop my edification. REAL Christianity isn't easy, nor is it always comfortable and reassuring of our concepts. And nothing that's not proven out can be very deeply believed, after all, can it?

The thirst for knowledge of and understanding of God, such as we're able to perceive and know it, is a life-long process, and He reveals Himself in His own good time and His own good ways. All we can do is keep seeking it, humbly, diligently and sincerely. That takes some time, and we're impatient, but if we can simply find what it takes, He's always good on His word. There is incalculable solace in that! He has His ways and times, and we have our wants and desires, and when we follow His agenda, we're always edified and satisfied. Not so much if we follow our own.

You're a great force here, and your precision and perspective are valuable. Please post more whenever the spirit moves you.