PDA

View Full Version : Heritage sucks

roysha
08-07-2016, 12:03 PM
I didn't particularly care for their products to begin with but this caps it for me. What a miserable site they have. I need one little screw and can't find the so called "secure order form". I wouldn't buy one of their products unless it was the only option I had and then I would seriously consider a sharp stick or large rock first.

Maybe someone here can walk me through the process. I've ordered a lot of parts from a lot of companies over the years so I'm not totally ignorant about how to do it but this one stumps me.

OK, rant over.

bedbugbilly
08-07-2016, 03:42 PM
I haven't been on their site for a long time . . . so I went and took a look.

Go to the home page and scroll to the bottom . . . . on the right under "Company" click on "Contact Us". You can either e-mail them or give them a call - their number is right there.

I know that doesn't answer your question, but it might be just as easy to give them a call on Monday and talk to them . . maybe they wouldn't even charge you for the screw? I don't know.

My only experience with Heritage is the 22 Rough Rider I bought. For the price, it does the job on critters. Can't speak to their big bores but have read others that seem to like them just fine.

Good luck . . .

DLCTEX
08-07-2016, 07:22 PM
I bought one in 22/22mag about ten years ago and it shoots fine. What I thought was stainless steel was a stainless appearing coating that has mostly worn off. Makes a field carry that I don't have to worry about getting scratched. I don't like the plastic safety.

GhostHawk
08-07-2016, 08:24 PM
I have one of the .22lr/.22 mag revolvers. Sights are a bit basic on it for my taste but my wife can sit and break clay pigeon's at 25 yards with it all day long.

Nice lightweight little gun to have with on a camping trip.

I was camped out on an island round about 2am I kept hearing this noise less than 15 feet from me just off to the side. Eventually I triggered a .22mag straight up and in the muzzle blast I could see a nice little doe with a mouthfull of tree leaves hanging out one side of her mouth.

Not sure who ended up more scared. We'll call it a hair raising experience for both of us and let it go at that. I have been considering a large bore from them, but still thinking about it, gathering opinions.

As to web pages, well some company's excell at them, others you are better off to make a phone call.
Either way does no good to get your feathers ruffled because the universe did not hand you the screw you wanted on a silver platter.

Drm50
08-07-2016, 08:31 PM
Ah-ha I new there was a practical use for Heritage revolvers. Illumination, I would have never
guessed. You saved me from throwing mine in junk box.

Tackleberry41
08-08-2016, 07:43 AM
I looked a heritage over at the shop, but that safety ruins the gun. Its a revolver, pretty sure there are many proven methods used that does not require a safety.

FergusonTO35
08-08-2016, 09:16 AM
The Ruger transfer bar has been out of patent forever. How about just copy that?

roysha
08-08-2016, 11:52 AM
I have one of the .22lr/.22 mag revolvers. Sights are a bit basic on it for my taste but my wife can sit and break clay pigeon's at 25 yards with it all day long.

Nice lightweight little gun to have with on a camping trip.

I was camped out on an island round about 2am I kept hearing this noise less than 15 feet from me just off to the side. Eventually I triggered a .22mag straight up and in the muzzle blast I could see a nice little doe with a mouthfull of tree leaves hanging out one side of her mouth.

Not sure who ended up more scared. We'll call it a hair raising experience for both of us and let it go at that. I have been considering a large bore from them, but still thinking about it, gathering opinions.

As to web pages, well some company's excell at them, others you are better off to make a phone call.
Either way does no good to get your feathers ruffled because the universe did not hand you the screw you wanted on a silver platter.

Specifically where did I say I wanted it on a silver platter??? After two unanswered emails and a couple of attempts to figure a way to order online, I think I have an excuse for my rant. If their customer service is an indication of the way they do business, then I want nothing to do with them and will pass that recommendation on to anyone who asks. Fortunately, this is not my piece of junk so I'll try to call them and get the screw I need so I can get the *** off my bench.

jimb16
08-10-2016, 11:15 AM
When I got my Rough Rider, it shot so badly that most of the shots wouldn't stay on an 18 inch square target at 15 yards and those that did went thru sideways. I sent it to the factory with a letter explaining the problem. It took them a while but when it came back it would hold a 2 1/2 inch group at the same distance! It still doesn't like Federal .22s, but shoots everything else well. Believe it or not, the bets rounds for it are Rem. golds. Good enough for short range squirrels. I had not real problems with their service except that they don't communicate very well.

Wayne Smith
08-12-2016, 07:28 PM
The Ruger transfer bar has been out of patent forever. How about just copy that?
Believe it or not, the transfer bar idea was from Harrington and Richardson, about what? 1920?

lightload
08-12-2016, 11:13 PM
Iver Johnson Company patented the transfer bar in 1896 and had the slogan, "hammer the hammer"..