PDA

View Full Version : I have been praying .

Boaz
08-06-2016, 07:39 PM
The last few days I have been praying much . I have prayed for needs here in this Chapel but more for myself . Failings plague all of us , self-examination reveals weakness every time done . Reconciliation and change are hard . Expectations are hard whether yours or others . I have not posted because I was not fit to post . Retrospective contemplation is hard if your not very smart . I do know one thing , the good people here build me up . The caring , helping , thought and works inspire me .

I thank you.
Charlie

Bzcraig
08-06-2016, 07:54 PM
Charlie - just the humbleness of your post proves you are more than worthy to post here or speak in any form. I do however totally understand taking a break from whatever is needed to gain a new or change perspectives.

Blackwater
08-06-2016, 08:25 PM
Boaz, this place just wouldn't be the same without you. Whatever is bugging you, give it to God and it'll all be OK. And so will you.

Boaz
08-06-2016, 08:52 PM
I ain't goin no where , As Bzcraig said ... we all need a break . Gain prospective , think , rebuild .

GhostHawk
08-06-2016, 08:57 PM
Brother Boaz how many lives have you touched?
Not our place in my opinion to count the results. He will do that and it will IMO be part of the tally at the Golden Gates when we are called home.

If we are doing HIS will how can we do wrong?

So then the only hard part is the question you ask yourself before hitting the POST button.

Am I doing this for me? Or for HIM?
Am I living his will? Or am I looking for something for me?

Might hurt but should not take long and it should be real simple.

If the answer is not what it should be perhaps try again another time.

But I will say you and Blackwater have both been personal inspirations to me.
If you can talk about your faith so can I. Please don't stop because you have doubts.

Just resolve them if at all possible.
Just my 2 cents.

Have a good night brothers! Love ya

Boaz
08-06-2016, 09:15 PM
GhostHawk I thank you . I have never had a crisis of faith that I know of . But periodically disappointment drags me down . We all have experience with it in different ways/aspects of our lives . GOD is the only constant beacon of light we have , never been let down by him . He is our refuge , friend , strength , savior . Others can take you down , unrealistic expectations of those you love and care for can pull you through the eye of the needle . You expect better and it doesn't come .

castalott
08-06-2016, 09:16 PM
You inspire me.....

Take your deserved break , my Brother , and return to us again...

Dale

castalott
08-06-2016, 09:22 PM
We were both typing at the same time so I add another post.

Everyone goes thru " The Long Night of the Soul". A time where God lets you try to make it on your own. I think to teach and strengthen you. A time to be alone with your own thoughts and Beliefs. A time to grow Spiritually. We all have had these times and, I expect, we all need them to 'clear' our minds.... to separate the wheat from the chaff....

Know this...I think the World of you, Brother... I cannot imagine this place without you....

Dale

Boaz
08-06-2016, 09:23 PM
Dale I am back , a place as this is healing ... being isolated to yourself gnawing at the wounds is counterproductive . There are many good people here , that in itself is redirection and relief .

castalott
08-06-2016, 09:31 PM
Dear Lord... I ask tonight a Healing for Boaz... Let everything He is fighting with be a Blessing to him and his friends and family. Please Bless this kind Spirit ... Love and Mercy to Us All... Amen

Pine Baron
08-06-2016, 09:38 PM
http://write15minutes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Japanese-Proverb.png?89a490
Go in Peace, my brother.

shoot-n-lead
08-06-2016, 09:39 PM
Prayer sent for you, Boaz.

buckwheatpaul
08-06-2016, 09:50 PM
Charlie, You have been such a friend and supporter! I know that struggles are tough but you have touched so many people and they are now there for you. I know that change is hard .... but deciding to turn it over to God and let Him lead you where he wants you to be .... the trick in not to be stiff necked about it....that is a particularly hard part for me.....because we all want to be in control. You are surrounded by many friends and we are here for you brother.....Paul

Father, Charlie is struggling over an issue or two that only You can solve. Please reach out and wrap Your loving arms around Charlie and his daughter and show them the way that You want them to go. Help them remember that change is often associated with fear...the fear of the unknown; but You are there to light the way and keep them safe. Please hear my prayer for comfort and direction Father. AMEN

Blackwater
08-06-2016, 11:03 PM
Charlie, if this place has a beating heart, you're it. None of us, though, can ever expect ourselves to be "perfect," because that's just setting ourselves up for just what you're going through. Just keep doing your best. God is so great He can even use our errors to his purposes. Don't ask how I found that out. It's probably be embarassing to me. Good to have you back and all healed up. Is God great, or what?

aspangler
08-07-2016, 12:51 AM
Charlie, my brother. I have placed you on my church's prayer list. You are also on my personal prayer list. If I can help you in any way PM or email me and we can talk or I can help in whatever small way that I can. I say this as a brother in CHRIST.. I love you my brother.

Father please bless my brother and help him through this trying time. In the Name of JESUS I ask this. Amen

GhostHawk
08-07-2016, 01:00 AM
We are human, we are far from perfect, we all make mistakes. We all fail to live up to the ideal of what we and sometimes others would wish us to be.

I think the main thing is to keep loving, keep trying, keep learning.
I don't think most people learn very much worth knowing from success.
I think we all learn quickly although sometimes painfully from failure.
I suspect a lot has to do with your definition of success.

I have a brother who is a lawyer, well respected in his field, sits on state board in estate planning.
He has helped shape estate law and tax law. I have another brother who owns a million dollar lake home, another place in Alabama where he can golf in the winter and visit grandchildren. Both of them define it differently than I do.

For anyone interested, my definition is getting up one more time than you are knocked down.
No matter what life throws at you, you pull yourself together, and you get up and move onward.

Don't let the self doubt eat at you like cancer. A very small amount once in a while can be healthy.
But a steady diet will wreck you. When in doubt, listen with your heart for that still small voice deep inside.

GhostHawk I thank you . I have never had a crisis of faith that I know of . But periodically disappointment drags me down . We all have experience with it in different ways/aspects of our lives . GOD is the only constant beacon of light we have , never been let down by him . He is our refuge , friend , strength , savior . Others can take you down , unrealistic expectations of those you love and care for can pull you through the eye of the needle . You expect better and it doesn't come .

GhostHawk
08-07-2016, 01:06 AM
Our Father, one of my brothers has been walking in dark paths, self doubt, failed goals both his and others haunt him. Help him if you can Lord, help him to see what a light in the darkness he has been for others.

Sooth his spirit and help him to walk daily in your will and love.
Help him to see that we all fail, that we are all saved by grace.

As always not my will oh Lord, but thine be done.

This I ask in the name of God the Almighty, God the son, and God the Holy Spirit.

Amen.

Thank You.

Boaz
08-07-2016, 06:55 AM
One big consistent situation for the last year has been my involvement in my church . Many here would think I'm probably a driving force there......not anymore . I was physically unable to do the work there I had previously done for the last 5 years . Five years of slow wasting away physically took me out of the loop at church. Dang near died 2 years ago through my own foolish reliance on myself and being stupid enough to listen to doctors instead of GOD . My ability to do the physical work slowly died .

In the last year and a half I have improved my lot with the help of our Lord . I'm am ready to be put back in service , ready to be put back in harness . But it will not come there , they think they help me by sparing me the work . But there is an upside to this .

I have rediscovered there is much work everywhere . There is always work to be done !

Preacher Jim
08-07-2016, 07:18 AM
Three major things I have learned,
1. I am but a grain of sand with no more value than every other grain of sand but useful to fulfill my purpose.
2. The team accomplishes much.
Together
Each
Accomplishes
Much
3. The star of the team is Jesus the rest of us are support players
My take on doing the Lord's work. I give every voice on the team equal value and the team decides. My job is to equip each person to play there role, pray for each person to be succesful, and study to help them Excell at their place on the team so Jesus is glorified.
And stay who I am by not trying to do anyone's job for them. If I don't I burn out and I fail to fulfill my responsibilities and hurt the team.

Blackwater
08-07-2016, 07:23 PM
Amen to all above. And Boaz, we've entered a time when even churches are dealing with anyone with disabilities, they "have" to consider what would happen if they or their family sued them if something happened to you. I absolutely HATE that kind of thinking, but there are actual cases, I believe, where such things have happened. And no church wants to be sued out of existence, of course. And so, some (too many, IMO) acede to the simple wants of the attorneys, and leave God's will out of it.

But as you note, we live in a "target rich envirionment," and you're WAY too fine an asset to God to be allowed to be wasted and left unused. You are a great inspiration and a diligent worker for God, and you have a fine daughter to teach and lead and train, and many lives yet to touch. None of us is able to do it all, but each of us has significant and great things we CAN do, and that's really all God really asks of any of us. Keep the faith, brother! Too many out there depend and hinge on you.

Oftentimes, it's not the rich, the high or the mighty that God uses, but the simple, willing man who stands up and says, "Here am I Lord! Use me if You will!" If you're willing, God is able to give you the words you need to do His will. It's just that simple.

Boaz
08-07-2016, 07:26 PM
Three major things I have learned,
1. I am but a grain of sand with no more value than every other grain of sand but useful to fulfill my purpose.
2. The team accomplishes much.
Together
Each
Accomplishes
Much
3. The star of the team is Jesus the rest of us are support players
My take on doing the Lord's work. I give every voice on the team equal value and the team decides. My job is to equip each person to play there role, pray for each person to be succesful, and study to help them Excell at their place on the team so Jesus is glorified.
And stay who I am by not trying to do anyone's job for them. If I don't I burn out and I fail to fulfill my responsibilities and hurt the team.

Wise words Jim . We can not take all the burdens on our self , no one could bear that weight . Some of us try though and failure is quick coming . With failure comes despair , with despair the way is lost . Jesus died for our sins and weakness , we should give what we can not carry to him . It's just part of his love for us , come to me ye who are heavy laden.......... . Realizing human frailty including your own is critical in every day life , it's why we are taught to forgive . Many times what you want to be is not .

Ken in Iowa
08-07-2016, 09:10 PM
Prayers up for you Boaz.

Fasting takes many forms. Focus on the Lord.

Love ya man!

Boaz
08-07-2016, 09:48 PM
Thank you Ken and all that have commented . Can't imagine a better group to be a part of . Thank you