PDA

View Full Version : 16 GA Federal paper hulls NIB

omgb
05-26-2008, 10:58 PM
I have some weird luck. Today while coming back from El Mirage Dry Lake, I stopped into a small store just west of BF Egypt and low and behold, there was an old woman holding a junk sale out back of the store. She called over to me and asked if I might be a hunter. Since my truck is plastered with hunting stickers, NRA stickers Hunter Ed stickers etc. she wasn't exactly pushing her clairvoyant powers. Anyway, I said yes and she asked me if I'd like to buy some shotgun shells. I figured maybe some old AA hulls or a few boxes of old duck loads... but nope, what she offered me was a box of new Federal primed paper 16s. I asked how much and she says $5.00. So, I'm thinking 100 hulls, $5.00, not bad. So I say OK and she hands me a case of 15 boxes of 100 for the fiver. I'm just about busting from trying to hold back the grin. I get them home and they are all there, pretty and purple. 1,500 NIB hulls. I wonder what they are worth if I were to Ebay some of them. Got any ideas?

Buckshot
05-27-2008, 02:05 AM
..............I'm not much of a shotgun guy, so I'm surprised to hear they still make paper hulls. Or do they? :-)

................Buckshot

warf73
05-27-2008, 02:10 AM
If I'm not mistaken you can't sell them on Ebay. My dad bought 500 new paper hulls for his 16 a year or so ago, but not sure if they are still avaible now.

That was a GREAT buy on them hulls.

omgb
05-27-2008, 08:08 AM
Buckshot, they don't ...well, not really. Federal still loads them for target use but they don't sell new hulls for reloading. Some European makers still load them but usually in odd sizes like
12 ga 2.5" or 16 ga 2 5/8

If I deprime them I'm pretty sure I can ebay them as collectors pieces, Americana or something or other.

Alchemist
05-27-2008, 06:54 PM
If you don't load 16 ga, PM me...I would gladly let you make some money on 'em. My dad has a Browning Sweet 16 that would eat 'em up!

Alchemist

Earl Brasse
05-31-2008, 06:15 PM
If Alchemist doesn't buy them all, please PM me with how much you would like for all that he doesn't want shipped to AZ zip code 85345.

I've got a hammer 16 ga. double that I could load them up with blackpowder & use in the Cowboy Action matches I shoot. I've already got some of the old Alcan wads.

Thanks, Earl

Trapshooter
05-31-2008, 06:24 PM
While we are getting rid of 16 ga paper shell stuff, I have a hundred or so 16 gage plastic "gas seal" wads, free for postage.

Trapshooter

shotman
06-01-2008, 02:14 AM
i have a shell heater to reform them $25 +shipping shotman

357maximum
06-01-2008, 02:30 AM
I wonder what they are worth if I were to Ebay some of them. Got any ideas?

Take 250 of em and put them up for a benefit auction here, then you will have a real good idea of what gunnuts will pay for them......those hulls should be used for their intended purpose...making fine old guns go bang, not for hanging in a mauseaum or some other such nonsense.