PDA

View Full Version : Verse 8/5 on the right day....

DerekP Houston
08-05-2016, 08:15 AM
19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not treat prophecies with contempt21 but test them all; hold on to what is good, 22 reject every kind of evil.
23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.
25 Brothers and sisters, pray for us. 26 Greet all God’s people with a holy kiss. 27 I charge you before the Lord to have this letter read to all the brothers and sisters.
28 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Follow up from my post yesterday since I lost track of days of the week =). hope yall have a good weekend I will be out of touch unless I have cell signal on the beach.

Pine Baron
08-05-2016, 08:29 AM
Thanks Derek, Great verse. Don't forget the sunscreen. :)

buckwheatpaul
08-05-2016, 08:54 AM
Derek, You provided a Bible Study with this verse. Thanks and AMEN! Paul

Blackwater
08-05-2016, 11:14 AM
Amen! What a timely reminder that the prophesies are what they are, and not what some today seem to try to make them mean. Prophesies, by their nature, are difficult to interpret, and it's sad to see so many thinking they know the REAL meaning of so many of them, when we've been told that they are veiled from our true understanding until they come to pass. I've become comfortable leaving them up to God to show us when it's time. I take them at face value, and don't try to "interpret" them too seriously or definitively, but more tentatively and generally. This has worked better than any efforts I've put forth to understand them literally, at least for me. I mostly now, concentrate on caring for my soul, and preparing it to receive whatever light the Lord wants me to have, and thinks I need. His plans now overshadow my own, and I feel SO much freer! Ain't it funny how that works?

And enjoy your weekend at the beach, Derek! That's my daughter in law's favorite place on earth!

DerekP Houston
08-05-2016, 11:17 AM
my personal favorite part was this " hold on to what is good, 22 reject every kind of evil."

Thanks for the well wishes, just a day trip down to galveston but my son will enjoy playing in the water and building sand castles. House repairs can wait awhile.