PDA

View Full Version : verse 8/5

DerekP Houston
08-04-2016, 07:16 AM
1 Thessalonians 5

12 Now we ask you, brothers and sisters, to acknowledge those who work hard among you, who care for you in the Lord and who admonish you.13 Hold them in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. 14 And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else.
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances;for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Acknowledge the hard workers among us and live in peace ;)

-Derek

Preacher Jim
08-04-2016, 07:28 AM
Great reminder

Pine Baron
08-04-2016, 08:49 AM
Thanks Derek, Truly needed this reminder after reading the "pit".

DerekP Houston
08-04-2016, 09:36 AM
I've had to distance myself from the pit. This is more as a reminder to myself as well.

Thanks

Blackwater
08-04-2016, 09:49 AM
With all the emotions being so free flowing now, the election, and just simple daily life, what a timely reminder for all of us. We Christians seem to fight among ourselves way too much and too often, and over way too small issues, instead of banding ourselves together. Thus, being parsed out so thinly, it's no wonder evil is having such a field day today.

Christ didn't leave this kind of advice for us as a sing-songy "nicety," but because it's essential, and can even be a determinant in how things go in this country if we fail to heed this excellent advice. Yeah, it's hard to follow sometimes, but Christ never promised us He'd only give us easy things to do, did he? He constantly challenges us, or allows us to be, so that we can grow and learn to be ever better, if only we'll take His advice to heart, even (if not especially?) when it's hardest to do that. But he always gives us good advice because He really loves us. How humbling is that?

Old Scribe
08-04-2016, 10:32 AM
Good morning and a great reminder.
Blessings.

buckwheatpaul
08-04-2016, 11:43 AM
Great verse, great lesson....thanks! Paul

DerekP Houston
08-04-2016, 04:34 PM
Oops, I forgot what day it was. There will be a part 2 to follow tomorrow ;).

w5pv
08-05-2016, 09:41 AM
Send part 2 enjoyed part 1,Amen and God bless you and all the others on this forum

DerekP Houston
08-05-2016, 11:08 AM
Send part 2 enjoyed part 1,Amen and God bless you and all the others on this forum

Sorry started a new thread out of habit, here's the follow up to that verse

"19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not treat prophecies with contempt21 but test them all; hold on to what is good, 22 reject every kind of evil.
23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it.
25 Brothers and sisters, pray for us. 26 Greet all God’s people with a holy kiss. 27 I charge you before the Lord to have this letter read to all the brothers and sisters.
28 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you.

Follow up from my post yesterday since I lost track of days of the week =). hope yall have a good weekend I will be out of touch unless I have cell signal on the beach."