PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe

Boaz
08-03-2016, 07:02 AM
I'm sure many here have seen the same thread I posted in the pit . I have put the same thread up there 3 times and each time it started well but deteriated into total chaos . I will not attempt to explain , the reasons are self-evident if you care to go down there and look .
The question is simple , it can be answered with a single yes or no . Either response given honestly would suffice should you choose to respond. Thank you !

I will go on and give my answer.

Yes !

Hogtamer
08-03-2016, 07:35 AM
Boaz, I respectfully suggest that this kind of thread is unhelpful in building the Kingdom. It is not our calling to antagonize unbelievers, but to make disciples.

Boaz
08-03-2016, 07:50 AM
It is not of my intention is to antagonize anyone . Can this question not be asked ? Intention is unity and solidarity . Although some will respond in the negative that does not detract from the positive . Perhaps I'm wrong but it is as basic a question as possible to affirm your faith ?

Hogtamer
08-03-2016, 08:02 AM
This is the best expression I know...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QgeDwo1Chu0

Pine Baron
08-03-2016, 09:27 AM
I'll answer again. Yes, but I know the question.
Boaz, for those who may not have read the thread in the "pit", Believe what?

Boaz
08-03-2016, 09:33 AM
In our Lord and savior . Perhaps it did need clarification .

Blackwater
08-03-2016, 04:08 PM
I can't remember a time when I didn't believe. Took me to age 13 to walk the aisle and make my official commitment and profession of faith, but I never doubted at all. I've been mystified at times why things went as they did, but once I realized this is a testing and proving ground, and that we rightly don't always get what we want or our way in life, I became humble enough to seek and receive what the Lord intended for me too. I sought answers in the wrong ways for an awful long time, and was stymied by my lack of growth and success in finding what I wanted to find, and miraculously, when I laid my own will down and just settled in, Christ provided me with more answers than I'd come to think I ever would know! I guess the Lord has a harder time preparing some of us to receive His messages than he does with some others among us? But He did, and I cannot express how grateful and humbled I am by His grace in doing so!

Oh yeah! I truly DO believe, to the depth and fiber of my being! There is NO doubt within me. NONE!

needausername
08-03-2016, 07:40 PM
No, I do not. Even though I was raised a Primitive Baptist and my childhood bedtime stories came straight out of the King James.

Traffer
08-03-2016, 07:46 PM
Hear Hear!

Boaz, I respectfully suggest that this kind of thread is unhelpful in building the Kingdom. It is not our calling to antagonize unbelievers, but to make disciples.

Boaz
08-03-2016, 09:25 PM
Let it slide off the board . Not enough faith to sustain it .

jcwit
08-03-2016, 09:33 PM
YES, I believe.

Now try asking an Amish man if he is Saved and see the answer you get.

They use the Bible that Martin Luther used and there is no discription of being "saved".

Preacher Jim
08-03-2016, 10:44 PM
Jesus Christ is my Lord and savior.
Is He yours.

Preacher Jim
08-03-2016, 10:46 PM
JC my Amish friend says I been born again.

jcwit
08-04-2016, 02:19 AM
JC my Amish friend says I been born again.

That was not the question. That was the correct answer he gave the.

Blackwater
08-04-2016, 10:54 AM
Once again, I think the shades of meaning of the words we use in discussing this subject is what separates us, and they DO have meaning and effect, too! But the main thing is that we Christians stick together, rather than parsing and separating ourselves out into little groups that have little effect in combating evil in this world, and more likely, even if we don't intend it, HELP evil to flourish.

We Christians need to be able to learn to discuss the issues that separate us WITHOUT continuing to separate ourselves one from another on the basis of little things like the varied meanings and shades of meanings of the words we use so freely and sometimes unwisely. Christ NEVER advised us to be unwise, did He? I think there's a great lesson there that we all need to learn and internalize more fully than is natural for us to do. Yeah, we all need to form precise opinions and flesh out our beliefs, but turning others away just because they haven't been given to see exactly the same as we do? C'mon, guys! Can't we all be better than that? Weren't we advised by our sacred Leader to do better than that among ourselves?

Let's NEVER lose sight of the great battle we're here to fight! Let's quit arguing among ourselves! ANY worship of the savior, even one we thing is flawed in our sight, is a step in the right direction, isn't it? And who among us walks the perfect, unerring path? We're told that none of us do this, so perhaps some simple humility, as we've been advised to have, might be in order when discussing our beliefs???? And maybe, if we simply respect those who differ with us ENOUGH to keep our bond tight, instead of our constantly separating ourselves on the little things and particulars, we might actually be SO much better enabled to fight Evil on this earth, which was why we were put here in the first place, mightn't we? How could it possibly be any other way???

A hard lesson, of course, but one we MUST learn if we're to avoid the Judgment we'll likely deserve, and the consequences of giving in to our own desires and temperament, rather than the good advice and council we've received from the Master. We do NOT EVER benefit when we turn away from His will, and serve our own, do we?

Der Gebirgsjager
08-04-2016, 11:25 AM
My answer, once again, is Yes, I do believe.

Perhaps this should be a poll?