PDA

View Full Version : Gave 7 away yesterday and got a new one today

Johnch
08-02-2016, 05:55 PM
Yesterday I gave 7 cats away
Mama Kitty and 3 of her 4 , 9 month old kittens and 3 "Barn" cats that found my barn a few months back
The 3 "Barn" cats were wearing flee collars when they showed up and all wanted to sit on your lap at the same time
I had several people lined up and I made 1 afternoon of it dropping the cats off

Well a few days back I had 3 of male the kittens in the fixed
As the older male barn cat I have , either drives off or kills other male cats

So one of the 3 , I call him Pest
Found a soft spot in my Lab's heart and somehow got into the house ( IMO , in my Lab's Mouth )
So I am now watching my 2 other house cats , show the new kitten where everything is
He already understands the litter box
So I guess he can stay ....but a trip to the Vet to have his front feet declawed is going to be needed

Right now I have 3 cats sleeping with my Lab in "His" bed

Oh well , I just have to teach another cat that playing around me while I am casting
Isn't a good idea

As I don't want to have any of the cats trying to play with just cast bullets :sad:

John

runfiverun
08-02-2016, 06:41 PM
they learn to put them back down just as fast as we do.
Dog's learn the word HOT real fast, a freshly cast boolit and a paw will teach a lesson you won't have to reinforce.

jcwit
08-02-2016, 09:06 PM
I have a cat that loves water of all things. We have a butter tub in the bathroom sink that belongs to her for water. When I run HOT water for shaving all I need to say is that it's hot, she waits till I'm done then back to her tub.

Ya, she's spoiled. hehehe

MaryB
08-02-2016, 09:57 PM
Tigger jumps up on the bathroom sink, waits for me to finish washing then meows and puts his paw on the cold water faucet telling me to turn this on to a trickle so I can drink. Then he sticks his head under the running water... but I I get a drop of water on his head while washing my hands I get the dirty look!

RP
08-02-2016, 10:30 PM
Hope the people you gave them too take care of them not toss them out when they get tired of them odds are that is how you got barn cats to start with. I live in the country and there is always a new cat or dog showing up.

Johnch
08-02-2016, 11:45 PM
Hope the people you gave them too take care of them not toss them out when they get tired of them odds are that is how you got barn cats to start with. I live in the country and there is always a new cat or dog showing up.
LOL
I gave them to people that know how to spoil a cat
Mama Kitty had 3 girls between 6 and 12 all trying to pet her at the same time
She was in total bliss with all the love she was getting

The "Barn" cats had a house that had a cat door installed just for them
So they could enjoy the yard ....or was it so they could play in the garden and chase the dog around the yard ...Oh well

IMO all the cats have good new homes

I just have to find that .490 round ball Pest and Little were playing with tonight
As I don't want to step on it on the way to the "Reading" room in the middle of the night

John

woodbutcher
08-03-2016, 12:57 AM
[smilie=s:Hi John.Know what ya mean about spoiled rotten cats.My Morris just jumped up in my lap to see what I`m doing on the computer,AND to mooch some of my coffee.He IS a coffeeaholic:shock:.My Snowball is spoiled even worse than Morris.However I go the extra mile for him as he was born deaf.
Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
Leo

w5pv
08-03-2016, 07:11 AM
I don't allow cats in the house,just in the barn or in the cane break then they have to earn their own living,you would be surprised of how well feed they look.not fat but plenty rounded out.

richhodg66
08-03-2016, 09:35 AM
Kitties are addictive. After a few years of only having one, we are back up to three indoors and one tom cat that lives outside. Love 'em.

MaryB
08-04-2016, 02:08 AM
They say cats don't love like a dog... Tigger does! Meets me at the door when I come home, plays fetch...

jcwit
08-04-2016, 08:33 PM
They say cats don't love like a dog... Tigger does! Meets me at the door when I come home, plays fetch...

Agreed Mary, we have a stool right by the door I use, she comes running as soon as I walk in the door, sleeps on the bed with me, guess she's my girl friend. LOL

DougGuy
08-04-2016, 09:15 PM
This one was a tiny little kitten skittered up the sidewalk sideways all hoppin and proud of his bad self, I let him in my motel room and he went straight for a beer I had sitting on the floor and was licking the top of the can. For that I named him Bocephus. He had a redneck attitude if you messed with him, and who says they don't make good guard animals, you just TRY and get this telecaster away from me buddy go ahead, MAKE MY DAY!

richhodg66
08-04-2016, 11:19 PM
Agreed Mary, we have a stool right by the door I use, she comes running as soon as I walk in the door, sleeps on the bed with me, guess she's my girl friend. LOL

We have one that does that now. Whenever someone comes to the door, he stops what he's doing and goes to it to say hello. That particular onenever liked me much but lately has warmed up to me, he climbs up in my lap now and purrs and wants his jowls scratched, he'd never give me the time of day until a few months ago. Most cats are pretty friendly and loving.