PDA

View Full Version : "Field and Stream" store?

Wayne Smith
08-02-2016, 07:42 AM
There is one opening near my office, next to a Dick's Sports store that will also be opening.

Anyone familiar with this store?

cayton
08-02-2016, 12:01 PM
It is a sub / sister store of Dick's. It is where they sent all the paid for "evil black rifles" that customers paid for and were refunded for after Sandy Hook, and put them on the shelf for 2x+ the price. A store to be avoided, just like Dicks

Kraschenbirn
08-02-2016, 01:35 PM
If you're into overpriced 'camo' wear, Field & Stream might be your kind of place...kind of a Gander Mountain clone.

Bill

Hardcast416taylor
08-02-2016, 02:07 PM
One of these stores opened up about a year back near Detroit, haven`t had a yen to drive near 90 miles one way to be disappointed.Robert

Rick Hodges
08-02-2016, 04:43 PM
I went to the "Detroit" stores grand opening...outside of them having a lot of reasonably priced 22lr for the opening there was nothing much to see. I was surprised at the fly fishing equipment and selection of flies and tying material. The rest was just like a well stocked Dick's sporting goods section.

runfiverun
08-02-2016, 06:45 PM
I'd walk past a Dick's to go anywhere else, even if I could plainly see they have what I want through their front window.

Wayne Smith
08-02-2016, 08:27 PM
Interesting, since it is literally in the same building as the Dick's. Just a different exterior, so clearly a different store.

NyFirefighter357
08-02-2016, 08:34 PM
Why are we so against Dicks & Gander Mt.?

Moonie
08-02-2016, 11:06 PM
They are rather overpriced, other than that I have nothing against them.

runfiverun
08-02-2016, 11:19 PM
the nearest one to me has that salesman guy your just bothering to tears if you want him to unlock the entire gun section so you can look at something.
and I really don't need a 59.00 rcbs die set that bad.

imashooter2
08-03-2016, 07:24 AM
Why are we so against Dicks & Gander Mt.?

See post #2. Dick's screwed a bunch of people that had already paid for merchandise in the name of political correctness, then demonstrated that the screwing wasn't even a principled stand by still selling the rifles that they cheated people out of at opportunistic inflated prices.

I don't have anything against Gander Mountain, I just don't see them as competitively priced.

jonp
08-03-2016, 07:35 AM
Opened one in NC last year or year before last. Prices way to high for me to buy anything there.

CastingFool
08-03-2016, 07:42 AM
There is a new F&S in Kalamazoo. Opening day was a mad house, as expected. We have gone there several times and spent some time at the gun counter. We find that all the clerks are very friendly and willing to help you with any questions. They don't act like you're imposing on their time. Seems like a much friendlier atmosphere that other places we have been. Their prices do seem high but they do have sales quite often. OTOH, I won't bother going to Dick's.

William Yanda
08-03-2016, 07:49 AM
There is one in Rochester, NY that has been open about a year-or is it two-guess I don't care. They have an awesome display of taxidermy. I visited their gun counter when looking for a handgun. They cheerily showed me several though I later purchased online.

Rick Hodges
08-03-2016, 08:37 AM
Field & Stream is Dicks....same company...think Ford and Lincoln...or Buick and Chevy. Same owners, Field and Stream caters to outdoor sports and less golf/work out equipment/trendy sports clothing.

Wayne Smith
08-04-2016, 07:50 AM
I do occasionally shop at Dicks, they are the only store close that carries the Hornaday 22Mag ammo, or were several years ago.

dragon813gt
08-04-2016, 07:57 AM
I've done well not shopping at Dick's over the past couple years. But sometimes it's hard. They blow everything out at the end of season. It's how I've picked up a bunch of hunting gear. And who doesn't like kayaks for 50% off? That sale puts them where they should be to start and they are less than you can buy them for anywhere else. I haven't set foot in one in a few years which is the key to me not buying anything.

Hardcast416taylor
08-04-2016, 02:29 PM
That is a question I`ve pondered over for many years. What would be the correct caliber boolet and powder charge to use when reloading a Kayak?Robert

Kraschenbirn
08-04-2016, 05:05 PM
That is a question I`ve pondered over for many years. What would be the correct caliber boolet and powder charge to use when reloading a Kayak?Robert

Not certain 'bout specific caliber/powder charge but I know someone who'll verify that a narrow-beam 'sport' kayak does not mix well with 3" 12-gauge...tried to use his kids' 10-footer for a duck boat and darned near lost a really nice (Belgian!) Browning A5.

Bill