PDA

View Full Version : Verse for 8/1 and a blessing!

DerekP Houston
08-01-2016, 06:32 AM
37 Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.
38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.
39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
40 For he that is not against us is on our part.
41 For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.
42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.
43 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
44 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
46 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
47 And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
48 Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
49 For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.
50 Salt is good: but if the salt have lost his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.

Best I could find for an eventful night. My friend whom thought due to Lupus and the father abadoning her had given up hope on delivery her new baby boy. When I spoke to her online months ago she was deeply troubled and worried, now she is a proud new mama. 6lbs 7oz baby Peyton is brought in to the world. We are fortunate enough to get to visit him in a few weeks and look forward to meeting this little man. Single moms have the toughest job out there and we get to be godparents for him now.

Boaz
08-01-2016, 07:17 AM
Thank you Derek . You stole this verse , lol . I was planning on using it in a few days here . 'Great' minds think alike .
Good choice of verse !

Pine Baron
08-01-2016, 08:45 AM
Thank you Derek. Godparents are cool.

Blackwater
08-01-2016, 11:08 AM
Great post, Derek! And prayers and best wishes to Payton and the young Mom, too. And you're right, they DO indeed have a tough road ahead of them. But with God's help, they'll make it, and in the end, be SO grateful for it all. Trials in this life are what usually, if we'll but use them properly, make us better people, stronger, and more solid in every real respect. My Mom was orphaned at the age of 15 in 1932, one of the worst years of the Great Depression. Dad joined the Marines at 17 because he was literally tired of plowing a mule literally barefooted for a whole year, and getting zero for all his great efforts in it. Many in this life have a tough time, but as I said in something I wrote for my Mom's funeral, it "made her better, not bittter." And what a wonderful woman she was, too! And Dad taught me how to be a man, in the full sense of the word. Those old Marines were really something! I'll never be the kind of man he was, but I do my best. It's humbling to come from such wonderful people as these! I pray Payton will find himself saying the same thing one day when he's older. It's what lies ahead for him if he's willing to carve it out for himself, in the face of all the temptations and allures that will surely face him in this world today. I'll be praying a special prayer just for him and his Mom. They probably need it, but if they're listening to you, I think they have a great asset that they'll probably need. You're a good man, Derek. Thanks for being you. It matters.

DerekP Houston
08-01-2016, 11:31 AM
Thank you Derek. Godparents are cool.

It is my first time, I volunteered just because she doesn't have anyone else. Felt that little nudge against my head again so figured it is the right thing to do. Thanks for the responses yall, will try to keep this going forward.

rl69
08-01-2016, 08:01 PM
Thank you Derek for everything

DerekP Houston
08-01-2016, 08:16 PM

There's the lil fella now, off oxygen and fed successfully. Looking forward to meeting him in 2 weeks. Just like my son I have pictures of him grasping his older sisters finger barely minutes old. Gives me the chills.

Blackwater
08-01-2016, 08:23 PM
I know what you mean, Derek. The most awesome moment of my life was seeing my son for the first time! And I'm always moved deeply by the simple sight of the newborns. I always kind'a wonder if our looking upon them isn't a lot like God looking down on us? Just a persistent thought I always seem to have whenever I get to see one. We laugh and smile and cry over the least little thing, just like they do. Maybe we never really "grow up" completely? Sure is touching, though. I can see, I think, why Jesus always liked for the children to come to Him. I think he just loved their innocence and their incapability of lying, twisting or scheming? He just always seems to love "the real thing" in any of us.

Boaz
08-02-2016, 05:56 AM
Amazing ! Each is a miracle wrought by GOD's own hands . Thanks for that post Derek .

Pine Baron
08-02-2016, 08:58 AM
Amazing ! Each is a miracle wrought by GOD's own hands . Thanks for that post Derek .

Amazing indeed. Amen.