PDA

View Full Version : Bond Arms Brown Bear 45 Colt

hicard
07-31-2016, 10:38 PM
I am thinking about getting one of these and would like pros and cons from owners of Bond Arms derringers. I live in Kalifornia so I will not be able to enjoy the 410 like everyone else in the US but I am thinking of loading some 235 gr hpwc's from Miha backwards for a defense round. I am also going to get a 45 ACP and maybe a 38/357 barrel for it. Let me hear from you.

35 shooter
08-01-2016, 01:05 AM
I have the 3 1/2" snakeslayer model and love it.
I use the .454" 298 gr. lee hollow base minnie ball in regular 45 colt cases and get good accuracy. Mine will stay inside 2 1/2" at 20 to 25 yds. from a good rest.

I tl lube them with BLL lube and shoot them unsized dropped from the mould. I do intend to get a .454" lee size die though, but they shot so well unsized i haven't bothered with it.

I can make milk jugs keep their heads down at 100 yds. with a good rest, or sitting down "KEITH style" with that boolit.
Not exactly target grade accuracy, but it turned mine into a very useable woods survival type weapon that has the advantage of using shot and buckshot also.
I won't part with my Bond Arms ever!

If your getting a straight 45 colt bbl., it should be a snap to find good shooting loads for it.
Should shoot better than my 45/410 for sure.

Ramjet-SS
08-01-2016, 11:26 PM
I have a Bond Arms Cowboy defender. I have the following barrels;
410/45 colt
357/38 special (125 grain 357 shoot well and the recoil is not that bad.)
45 ACP (stout recoil but controllable.)
9 mm (easy shooting and accurate)

Recoil is relative to the caliber and load. 9 mm is easy to shoot and hit with consistent accuracy.

These guns are built like a tak and will last a life time.

The trigger gets smoother the more you shoot it and thus accuracy and shoot ability improves.

Very versatile gun for its intended purpose and with the large variety of barrels available it is allot of fun.

i am going to add a 10mm and 327 federal magnum barrels very soon.

Texantothecore
08-01-2016, 11:46 PM
The 255 grn rnfp (lee) at 725 fps is quite good.
I love my Bond just a whole lotta fun.