PDA

View Full Version : Looking for .45 acp RN mold that's groove less!

AndFereira
07-31-2016, 01:28 PM
Hello! great forum you guys have here. I have been lurking for a few weeks, reading a lot and finally have a question. I have been reloading for about 5-6 years and I happened to find 250lbs of Lead WW as well as 300 lbs of pure lead at my grandfathers house. Naturally I've decided I need to cast my own boolits now.

The lead has all been melted down into ingots(separately of course) and I'm going to test the hardness with a cabin tree lead tester and mix as I feel necessary.

Now for my question: I am looking for a .45 acp mold that is a true round nose design, has no lube grooves as I plan to Hitek coat my boolits and it will be used on a magmaengineering master caster. It needs to be capable of adapting to the master caster and be a 2 boolit mold design. I would prefer a 230 grain weight but anything over 200 grains will work for me.

Does a mold like this exist? Ive been looking at accurate, mihec, NOE and other companies but haven't found one that meets those needs. I saw that hardline built a mold like this but I also read that they are no longer a business and had poor customer service.

I would prefer to purchase the mold from a company that has a good record on customer service.

Thank you for your time,
Andrew

waco
07-31-2016, 02:02 PM
http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_detail.php?bullet=45-200N-D.png
Accurate molds. If you can't find what you want in his catalog, you can design something yourself.

waco
07-31-2016, 02:04 PM
http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_detail.php?bullet=45-230MZ-D.png

AndFereira
07-31-2016, 03:48 PM
Thanks! That's the closest to what I've been looking for so far. I do a lot of uspsa shooting and would really like to find one that doesn't have a flat point. Accurate will only make custom molds with a .18 flat nose, no complete round nose molds from what I gather.

I think I'll order that and see how it feeds. If anyone else has any leads I would greatly appreciate it.