PDA

View Full Version : weaponeer ?

roysha
07-31-2016, 11:50 AM
I guess I'm a little late to the show, but can anyone tell me what is happening or (what has happened) with the Weaponeer site? A window pops up saying that the account has been suspended. Although I don't go there very often, it does have some rather esoteric and arcane information that I occasionally could use.

roysha
08-04-2016, 02:39 PM
OKAY! Now I feel more stupid than usual. Everything seems to be going just fine on their site. Oh well.

Hamish
08-04-2016, 06:48 PM
weaponeer.net?

DerekP Houston
08-04-2016, 06:53 PM
great...another forum for me to waste time on :D thanks for sharing.

Bulldogger
08-05-2016, 07:49 AM
The owner, last I knew, is a disabled vet and I recall instances where he wasn't able to make payments on hosting. It has been helped in recent years by a few members there that he trusts stepping up and becoming volunteer moderators. Frequent visitors and members of the site make donations now and again, myself included in times past.
It does seem to "die" often, but then comes back.

It is an interesting site and has some well-documented threads about taking demilled full auto parts kits and making them into semi-autos that closely resemble the originals. Also some nice DIY friendly semi-auto builds.

Bulldogger

backbencher
01-14-2019, 03:25 PM
Looks as if it went down for the last time a few months back, and someone has hacked his Twitter account.

Bulldogger
01-14-2019, 04:42 PM
Hopefully the wayback machine logged some or all of it.
BDGR