PDA

View Full Version : what Happened to the E-bay aluminum checks guy name of Gavin Hodge outa of SC ???

kevin
07-31-2016, 06:02 AM
He was selling .30 caliber aluminum for like $16.50 per thousand!?! I got a sample bag to try them out maybe like 6 months ago and they worked great(should have ordered more rite away doh!) and now i cant find them on there(although i confess my e-bay navigating skill to be some what lacking) does anybody still know where to get these for this price?

Thanks guys

Ballistics in Scotland
07-31-2016, 06:32 AM
I hear some people have had their listings for gas-checks pulled for being ammunition. I believe the system prevents the sending of an e-mail address in an eBay message, but not a street address or perhaps a phone number.

DerekP Houston
07-31-2016, 06:47 AM
There are a few vendors on here still selling gas checks that had their auctions canceled by ebay as well. Sagebrush comes to mind, though I haven't personally used any yet.

elwood4884
07-31-2016, 08:00 AM
I am not sure how to reach the Gavin gentleman but I know Sagebrush and I are still selling on Gunbroker and our websites.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

vrh
07-31-2016, 09:38 AM
Go with Vulcanchecks.com. I've bought approx: 1000 checks from him. Reasonable prices and he helped me get the right size checks for my cast bullet.

Sagebrush7
07-31-2016, 04:05 PM
Sagebrush boys will work for you till the sun quits shining! We are Vendor Sponsors here and running a special this weekend!

toallmy
07-31-2016, 04:40 PM
I have only tried one type of gas check , and it works perfectly . Sagebrush

bangerjim
07-31-2016, 06:53 PM
Forget evilbay for all but garbage these days. Liberal left-wing loonies running it from the SF bay area are banning anything that even smells like guns or ammo.

I quit using the stupid site almost 4 years ago......for ANYTHING for ANY of my many diverse hobbies......besides gun-stuff.

banger

Freightman
08-02-2016, 05:29 PM
Sagebrush GC 's are the best I have used in AL, Gator cks are also good in copper. No problems with eather.

475AR
08-07-2016, 11:46 PM
He was selling .30 caliber aluminum for like $16.50 per thousand!?! I got a sample bag to try them out maybe like 6 months ago and they worked great(should have ordered more rite away doh!) and now i cant find them on there(although i confess my e-bay navigating skill to be some what lacking) does anybody still know where to get these for this price?

Thanks guys

Here is the email he gave me to use to order checks.
Ghodge601@bellsouth.net

Reverend Al
08-08-2016, 01:10 AM
Gavin got "tossed" off of eBay (like many others) ... here is his website

http://bulletgaschecks.com/index.html

I just got 6,000 gas checks from Gavin recently and they are very good quality, shoot great, and priced well. He has both copper and aluminum available.

kevin
08-15-2016, 06:56 PM
Hey thanks guys that's just great. thanks to all.

DerekP Houston
08-15-2016, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the info guys, tis a shame what Ebay is pulling these days.

wind power
08-21-2016, 04:38 PM
Hi Folks,
Yes ebay dropped a lot of folks, but Im now a Vendor Sponsor here and still offer the same low prices on gas checks...Ebay now cant gouge me for fees on the gas checks, so in the end they did me a favor! If anyone is interested I have some low cost gas checks, and as always its free shipping!

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-21-2016, 07:45 PM
Hi Folks,
Yes ebay dropped a lot of folks, but Im now a Vendor Sponsor here and still offer the same low prices on gas checks...Ebay now cant gouge me for fees on the gas checks, so in the end they did me a favor! If anyone is interested I have some low cost gas checks, and as always its free shipping!
Good to see you are now a vendor.
The 30 cal checks and 35 cal checks I got from, couldn't have looked any better. I haven't got to try them yet, but i like what I see.

wind power
08-22-2016, 05:17 AM
Thanks JonB, the equipment I use came out of an armory and the tooling I make myself, the tolerances have to be close for the speeds I run, which also requires the punch press to be a very rigid piece of equipment....lol its like everything that was built years ago for sustained runs in the production industry.
All the best!
Gavin

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-22-2016, 12:07 PM
Thanks JonB, the equipment I use came out of an armory and the tooling I make myself, the tolerances have to be close for the speeds I run, which also requires the punch press to be a very rigid piece of equipment....lol its like everything that was built years ago for sustained runs in the production industry.
All the best!
Gavin
Gavin,
Yes, I read about your equipment in a post back in June...very interesting
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?308291-How-are-these-gas-checks&p=3675503&viewfull=1#post3675503
Jon